Where are the DH players?

I did not post until others starting talking about me.

I am in the process of calculating all numbers across classes using the leaderboards. This should inform DH and necromancer buffs that apparently won’t be happening in this patch unless Blizzard changes their mind. I have 2,000 plus hours on DH. I want the class fixed as much as anyone.

There is on old saying “garbage data in, garbage data out.”

I realize that, Micro. They started it. I even said so in the previous post. I’m just saying they had an agenda when they called you out. Whatever your feeling are toward the class and I don’t doubt you are invested in the class, they think because we don’t have the numbers to do what the barbarian did that any activism we start will just die and die all the quicker if they de-rail any threads we start.

I’m asking that you not be drawn into their shenanigans despite being called out. It’s a lot to ask, I know. I wouldn’t like to be called out and then told to “just shut up and take it” so I understand your feelings.

Their agenda is to get you riled and they did. I’m sorry for that.

For DHs and witch doctors, I have gone through their numbers for era 11 (since these 2 classes did not changes) in patch 2.6.7. I am working my way through all classes for 2.6.8. The era 11 data shows:

DH GR Tier Era 11 Geomean of DH Paragon WD GR Tier Era 11 Geomean of WD Paragon
138 9286 138 8683
137 9150 137 8026
136 8628 136 7540
135 8675 135 7127
134 8573 134 6944
133 8731 133 6730
132 8042 132 6629
131 7556 131 6440
130 7256 130 5836
129 7121 129 5339
128 6757 128 4999
127 6305 127 4934
126 5927 126 4841
125 5486 125 4825
124 4996 124 4707
123 4567 123 4503
122 4194 122 4203
121 3991 121 4007

For each GR tier, I used the rolling average of the stated GR, the GR above, and below. This data analyzed was combined for US/EU/AS servers.

2 Likes

The real question is, which one of us is going to gather and lead us DH players to blizzard’s front door and demand balance to DH builds/sets? We waited for too long! I want to play UE multishot as a DPS role in a 4 man at high GRs levels!

1 Like

Long-time DH player here and I’ve already grown tired at how Blizzard manages this class in totality.

Their fixes so far were pittance, and if anything they ‘nerf’ this class in the form of balance because we were, as they say, ‘not intended to be played as the class WE want you players to play as’.

Remember when we could still be z-dps and fit in a group although we don’t really have enough firepower thanks to Calamity before it was ‘reworked’? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

So thus, I gave up giving any form of proper feedback because Blizzard is selectively listening to us.

I mean, I even mentioned this in the DH forums, and none was accounted for.

3 Likes

The complaint about tables is that, despite you often saying your agenda is balance, not once have we seen you advocating for buffs to DHs and Necros in the last two months, but you have continuously asked for nerfs to Barbs in the same time period. Hell, even Blizzard told you that your maths was wrong and that you’re working from an incomplete data set.

So, please, stick to your stated agenda and actually start campaigning for buffs to DHs and Necros as they certainly need it. I’d be very happy to see something for DHs, as I have lots of them myself. This thread is from DH players asking for help. So help them!

6 Likes

We could look at this with a glass half full attitude. The two weakest classes are last because they need the most help.

Not everything blizzard has written and is doing, is absolutly correct. Some actions are just absurd and dont make sense at all.
I am sick of you trying to shut microrna that way down. It wont work at all. Just look above your post, he already wrote data for dh and Necro. Your argument “But blizzard toled that he was wrong” is a straw argument. Sometimes it could be appealing to just use your brain maybe? There is a famous quote that fits very much in this situation. “Laziness is the s tu p i d i t y of the body and s tu p i d i ty is the laziness of the mind”.
When blizzard tell you that you are a fish living on the moon, would you consider this a true statement because blizzard toled so?

For example:

1. How it is even possible to come to an result that wd in the current game is as strong as monk , wizzard and barb?

2. How it is possible to come to the conclusion ( yes blizzard data says this) that a class is doing worse with season buff than without :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    That is just impossible but their data says this. That is a 1000000% Mistake for example.

3. How it is possible to to call a build ( old chantodo wizzard ) too strong but at the same time call rend ww barb balanced? Rend ww in it current state is even a bit stronger than pre nerfed chantodo. If Blizzard would be credible in their balance thoughts at all they would either nerf barb or buff chantodo to the pre nerfed state. Actually they are doing none of this.

On Topic
Dear DH-Player see this a push. I am sorry for going a bit offtopic.
I am not playing dh but i hope you will be buffed soon and your game mechanic will be appeling and Interesting.

#SomeloveforDH

3 Likes

He says his agenda is class balance. DHs and Necros need buffs, but rather than campaign for that, he’s run a three month long tirade to get Barbs nerfed. What I’m pointing out, and many other Barbs have done the same, is point out the discrepancy between his stated agenda and what we see him posting about.

4 Likes

A quick, implementable suggestion for 2.6.8:

Since the top DH build is rapid fire, why not just increase the set bonus on UE, Shadow, and Marauders as a partial fix to provide some alternatives for a top tier DH build.

For necromancers, reduce the cooldown of land of he dead (that is widely used already) from 120sec to 90sec (or for one rune 90 sec to 60 sec). That way one would not need to stack as much CDR and can devote to more DPS stats.

The class I said was the biggest outlier was crusaders (OP) and necromancers (underpowered). The data proved it.

The changes to the Mantle of Channelling are going to weaken this a lot so something else might take over anyway. Maybe we’ll be back to Shadow/Impale.

DH Shadows Mantle we really need a Furnace selectable in the cube with this seasonal buff. The 50% dmg boost to elites would be huge and may get us to GR130+ solo clears on impale.

We have a “Furnace” in the cube, it’s called Dawn. In fact, our “Furnace” is so much better that it’s mandatory for all builds. But you’re gonna say “But the new season theme would allow us to use it and the Furnace if it was allowed.”

No. No it wouldn’t. Because you’d either be replacing Aquilla or you’d be replacing CoE or Elusive or RoRG (if you’re using Aughilds). So there’d be no room for the Furnace anyway.

5 Likes

Table proof or it’s not true.

4 Likes

Nice one, PMG………

2 Likes

That is another way to do it. Same result, fewer edits, retroactive, but less control over the individual skills, and likely to leave N6M4 or N6 FoK in the dust. They’d have to exclude N6, but upgrade M4. That would throw off balance for anyone wanting to do N6 FoK, but that can be fixed separately with a boost to LGF.

Right now, the set equilibrium is pretty good minus Rapid Fire, which needs Wojhanni to be multiplicative so it can be decent in group settings. (~42% damage boost or 2GR damage boost).

1 Like

Yang left D3, no more DH love.

To somewhat play devils advocate, wouldn’t buffing the legendary items also leave M6 in the dust since n6/m4 does everything M6 does, but exponentially better? I’d also consider cluster bombs in the same camp as rapid fire since it’s basically the same concept. Why play cluster bombs when you can play rapid fire with less clunkyness and a little less RNG?

I think either way you go about it, a set or 2 is going to be left out due to n6/m4 hybrid being a double edged sword.

2 Likes

I only have weekends and I’m already tired of FF14 so I stopped once again and am playing WoW…

They would implement it this way:

• M6 to 27,000% per Sentry
  • M4 to 1,100%

The M6 lever is safe as it only affects M6 builds (Cluster Bombs and Multishot)

Bringing M6 to 27,000% per sentry is essentially the same as bringing Yangs/DML to 350% and Manticore to 800%. (2.25x power gain.)

Thing is, Multishot is slightly stronger and more consistent in push than Cluster Arrow, so I recommend a extra bump to Manticore.

The M4 lever has such a minimal impact on pure M6, but tremendous effects on N6M4.

M4: 400% -> 1100% does the following:
M6: (1351x + (5 * 12x) or 2.54% more damage
N6M4: (141x * (5 * 12x) or 120% more damage

Only in N6M4 would you run Sentry %.

Rapid Fire and Cluster Bombs should really be the same power level, the choice is really on the player, based on what gear they find. Down the road they should do something interesting with those rockets.