When is the next patch/PTR supposed to come?

title, 20 characters

According to a recent blue message, we still gotta wait some time before ptr.

Unless I’m reading this wrong, we’ll probably end up seeing the Diablo 4 quarterly update (which may be near the end of this month), before we see the ptr for the next patch for Diablo 3.

2 Likes

Soon…you can listen to blues traveler’s run-a-round while you wait :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

TBH, Season 21 will be three months old on October 3rd. They said Season 22 would be quote unquote “slightly” delayed. It looks like “slightly” to Blizzard might be 4 to 6 weeks. I don’t expect the Quarterly Update till ~Sept 25th ish.

Even if the Diablo 4 Quarterly update comes out Monday, we're gonna have to wait probably a week for the PTR and a month till it goes live. Absolute, Best case scenario, I think, is Season 21 is a month delayed.
1 Like

When it is ready, asking the same thing over and over, will not speed it up.

1 Like

?!?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: 20 characters

Several people have already asked about the patch/PTR. The CM replied with a comment after the D4 blog update (no date yet).

In a way, I am out of touch with recent or relatively recent news.
Keywords such as “patch” or “PTR” were not going to exactly produce the result I wanted if I were to search… and I wouldn’t have looked for the info on the next D3 patch in a thread about D4 quarterly updates.

I was too lazy and mind numb to scroll forever through the blue tracker, so I preferred to ask and let someone who knows (and the info is fresh in his mind) can give me the short version.
When someone asks something and the info is fresh in my mind, so I can respond in sufficient detail and perhaps even link official source, I respond.

I wasn’t trying to “speed up” the patch.

Its the 4th comment, took 3 sec.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/g/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts?category_id=9

Right now I am way more interested in the D4 update, but that is just me.
Doing that same thing over and over in a season has run it’s course.

1 Like

I don’t wanna argue, but the whole thing is incoherent, at least to me.

1. I already said:
  1. To the question posed in the thread:
    " So I was wondering when can we expect the next update on Diablo 4? This month or not yet?"

The blue reply is:
“Quarterly Blog.
PTR is still a bit further down.”

Surely you can understand how from my PoV that’s rather incoherent…
All that tells me is, that first there’s going to be the quarterly update for D4, then expect PTR to appear some time after that.

I essentially understood, that “it’s not ready yet and there’s no concrete date”, that would have been sufficient.

1 Like