When is S28 starting?

Looking forward to S28.

When is S28 starting?

When they flick the switch.

4 Likes

After they fix the switch so they can in fact flick the switch cause they been busy lately.

1 Like

Soon™; very Soon™.

Where I am, it is currently 2023-01-02T07:08:00Z.

As of today, Season 27 has been live 129 days.

There have been several Seasons that ran almost this long. There have only been 3 Seasons that lasted longer:

Season
Length (Days)

Sources:

6 Likes

Aaaand another one. If you would take your valuable time, and go read blog posts and announcements, you’d know there’s a Christmas event going on, that will not end till February 5th. That should give you a pretty good indicator, when to expect S28.

Now when patch notes dropping is a nother thing, and when PTR will start, which will be in the patch notes ofcourse, is more interesting.

I’m not sure the Holiday Event is connected with Seasons.

It might just be my wishful thinking, but it would be a great help to start Season 28 with the Holiday Event still active. (Especially for those of us who hate doing Challenge Rifts).  

4 Likes

True there’s no reasonable connection, but i think it’s easyer for the devs, to end both S27 and the event at the same time, and then start the new seson.

I would be happy if the event were still going when they start s28, but i don’t get my hopes up, and don’t belive Blizz will pull it off just to make our life at seson start easyer.

The thing about this though is that they give us at least 2 weeks’ notice. So, at the very least, this is going to be the second longest season ever. Though, with Diablo 4 on the way, seasons are definitely going to be longer in the future.

Agree. Just because there would be 2 overlapping events doesn’t mean that the new season shouldn’t overlap. In my opinion, it would be best for them too. And being the potentially the swan song season of Diablo 3, hey, it would be nice for people who only play the beginning of the season to have access to finally getting those pets and transmogs.

But a flaw in your statement is that if you start the season, you’re not power leveled, thus Challenge Rifts are kind of a necessity. What it would allow is to not allow the running of bounties. That could potentially make completing the season, totally SSF, in under 5 hours, as running the bounties for the 40 cube powers is always one of the longest portions of the journey.

1 Like

Yet another thread on this subject. Would it been too hard to actually do some research yourself? None of us knows until Blizzard actually announces it in a blog post. It’ll be posted on the official website and on the Battle.net launcher.

Technically there isn’t any connection. However the gifts are a major material boost which is unlikely to extent to S28.

Furthermore the PTR period will take place before S28 and we don’t even know when it’ll start. That’s minimum of 2 weeks of open testing plus about a week of internal testing to finalize the patch for release.

June 6, 2066.

Got to have the trifecta in triplicate. x3.

The problem here is the forum itself. They should get rid of the top 10 on the right side of the forum. If people don’t see anything there about the topic they are going to post. They don’t bother with the General Discussion.

I bet that over 90% of the people only look at the top 10. Even if they get rid of the top 10. People still will not go down though the topics in the General Discussion. To see if their topic is there!!! The forum is only as good as the people that run it.

3 Likes

They not connected. It’s just a coincidence. The new season will start around of month from PTR start. The nearest possible date of PTR is 5(6)th Jan…

Excited to read the s28 ptr patch notes once they arrive :slight_smile:

by my calculations S27 will end jan 14th and S28 will begin on 26

We didn’t even had patch notes yet. And after that comes PTR, 2 weeks minimum. Then another 2 till final patch notes with a one(or two?) week notice.

1 Like

Records shown in since s16 PTR lead time is 29-46 days until next season. If PTR announces TMR, that is 4 weeks away unless they rushed things. Lets not pressure Blizzard for a “final” season before D4 launches. Take a break to play other games like POE in the mean time if really burnt out.

1 Like

well i said that because im expecting S28 to be a final season for alot of players since we are going for D4 so i think it must be like a final update

1 Like

Considering the end date of the holiday event, you can probably assume early February as the earliest season start date. That means you still have a month or more of waiting time.

6 Likes

Im waiting for ptr patch notes next week or pezradar post, maybe s28 will be the final season.

1 Like

There is still plenty of time between now and June (right, D4 releases in June?) to have 3 more seasons and end on Season 30 which they should.