What's the current meta?

Been away for a while. Noticed the LoN buff and decided to dust off my Wiz.

So, here’s me saying hi, whilst we all wait for BlizzCon.

Meanwhile, what’s the current solo meta? Seeing lot’s of Vyr? How far behind is everything else? TY.

Anything outside of LoN Star Pact is probably a solid 10+ GRs behind Vyr’s.

Vyr’s is much easier to gear for and comparatively more powerful at low paragons, so it’s the go-to option for a large portion of players. There was a point earlier in the season where solo wizards running Vyr’s were a solid 10 GRs above every other build for every other class. As the season has progressed, other builds/classes have closed some of that gap.

LoN Star Pact is beating it out now for high paragon players in seasons (with the LoN seasonal buff).

Nothing else for wizards is anywhere close to Vyr’s and LoN Star Pact.

3 Likes

i was wondering, once the season is over, and we need to equip the 2 rings … to get the LON buff, is star pact lon dead ?
I mean both rings are set already … then you gotta chose between coe, karini and obsidian … when you need at least 2 of them ?

I saw some star pact videos and I was so boosted to gear my wizard … but then I thought about this …

No, because it was valid in Season 16 too, using the 2 rings. Also, in Season 18, post patch 2.6.6, you can use 2 damage rings and the new Legacy of Dreams gem which, at rank 99, gives the same bonus as the LoN rings.

Oh wow I have to check that gem out. thanks for keeping my dreams alive :smiley:

Okay but it is just 3.75 per ancient. times 99 means half of the effect. So in order to maintain the damage, you need everything Primal that you just need as ancient right now ?

Edit: oh my bad, it says every legendary 3.75 and ancient twice the amount. Great =)

Indeed - however it will be less OP than in season 17 as it will loose one legendary gem…

As other people have stated, LoN will be the go-to for 4 man pushs and eventually solo spec. Because it loses a legendary gem this season, (but gains the Triune buff) I expect it to continue to be the dominant build as it was in S17.

In a season, is getting all ancients even a thing thats possible? It take me a year of dedicated play to get there personally, and that’s mostly from the bordem of chest farming.

Not only is it possible, a lot of players will have that within days of a new season starting.

2 Likes

It takes me about a month of playing fairly casually. I generally get in 5-10 hours / week.

Silly me, I got legendary/ancients and primals mixed up.

Knowing that you only need ancients and not primals for “LEGACY OF DREAMS” to work at max certainly makes things more manageable.

Thanks

1 Like

The half bonus for non-ancients is pretty decent too. Means you can squeak in a couple non-ancients without losing as much power as you would with LoN. Just need to get the gem up to 99 ASAP.