What would you pay for a no micotransaction D:I?

Lets assume that Blizzard did away with all microtransaction/macrotransaction elements and reset the gear/item/xp progression to be reasonable without all the silly business.

What would you pay to buy that revised game?

If they had an actual working PC version I would pay AAA prices, so what, 60-80 bucks or as it’s an MMO I guess 15> bucks for a sub.

My suggestion I put in a D2:R thread was that they could just open one “megaserver” on D:I with all P2W features turned off and drops and things re-balanced with no P2W in mind.

If selling cosmetics only wouldn’t be good enough income for them, then accessing this one server could require their premium battle pass thing that is $4.99 or whatever. I also think that that should be included in Blizzard’s existing sub that currently is just for WoW and WoW classic (so you could access the server either with a standalone D:I pass OR the Blizzard/WoW sub).

Adding another game’s access to the sub would keep more people subbed more of the time. I also think that makes sense when you think about how other entertainment related subs are constantly adding new content to their existing subs to keep people subbed, whether it’s a streaming sub or even other gaming subs like EA’s.

The megaserver side of it would also be nice because splitting people onto a bunch of smaller servers that can’t play together was an absolutely terrible idea in the first place. No modern MMO should be using oldschool individual servers that can’t play together.

edit:

Also, I’d add that D:I could essentially copy WoW’s token system as well via letting people buy/sell orbs between players in the same way that tokens work. That would add another place where players could essentially pay for their Blizzard subs indirectly (while Blizzard still makes just as much or more money), which I think was a huge benefit to WoW and kept a lot more players around longer after many no longer viewed the game as being worth $15 a month out of pocket.

3 Likes

itll never happen because even if they refused to openly admit it that would still be seen as a public acknowledgement that they were wrong when they launched it as P2W

2 Likes

They backtracked on the auction houses in D3 for a few reasons.

It is not outside the realm of possibility.

1 Like

Trash D:I and port D3 to mobile with controller support and charge $60.

1 Like

only because of finacial reasonings they saw future problems regarding taxes involved with every transaction

My problem with this is that D:I even without P2W is just not a good game. But where the P2W issues end, and all the other problems begin, can be hard to determine, as they are interconnected.

But if we imagined they turned it into a good game; $60+ for initial purchase, or $10 for a monthly sub.

Nothing as in never going to buy anything from them ever again, and I hope the various courts around the world eat them alive.

well we know one country theyll always be welcomed considering they did get NetEase to handle the actual development and all Blizzard did was deal with the admin duties

I think I would pay

'Bout tree fiddy…

Probably easy around EUR 50-70 EUR. More if it would have better optimized for PC as I understand some problems in game and if it were possible to play fully without having to do clan events or dungeons with others. Games that get to MMO tend to start to feel as much as a job for me after some time and I already have one where I get paid to do work instead. :slight_smile:

I like “free” games so I wouldnt buy a paid copy of D:I. I like that its completely free and you arent required to pay a monthly fee or pay for the game itself.

That being said, if world of warcraft went “free” and no monthly fee - I’d probably be playing that all day - I hate a sub fee (well a forced one). I know a monthly pass is a “sub” fee but its not required and for some reason, I feel its okay to spend a $5, $10 or $20 monthly fee to get some cosmetic rewards. - more stash tabs would be amazing! hah

Yes it is. Because they made it specialy for mobile, whit mobile game monetisation. Just because they decided to launch it on PC, it is still a mobile game.

If they would have launch it for PC, whit standard pay to play moddel, in the first place $/€40-60 would be a reasonsble prices for it.

And auction house did not even get 1:5 the backlashes DI is getting now.

For better or worse, the AH allowed you to buy specific items not a random chance at an item.

1 Like