What to do next?

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I happened to re-discover D3. I hadn’t played for years and started with bringing my old char (Monk) to lvl 70 in a regular game. I was surprised and excited about the whole new world of game play that opened up and some days ago I started a seasonal char (Crusader) that so far has completed greater rift tier 44 with the Aegis of Valor set. I am looking for tips/ideas what to do next, e.g. starting a new char (maybe using lvl free items made from the cube) or go collecting set items, or…Is there anything worthwhile on higher tier greater rifts? Any other interesting things to explore or try? I apologize if this question has been asked before. If there are links to posts/topics/discussions worth reading up on that would be great too.

Thank you!

I’m not expert of Cruz, but you can refer to the build guide:

https://maxroll.gg/guides/aov-heavens-fury-crusader-guide

If you want to level 2nd hero solo, get a lv70 weapon and insert a level 25 Gem of Ease; craft a Hellfire amulet and insert a Legacy of Dreams. Cube Leoric’s Crown and when you get a helm with a socket, insert a Flawless Ruby into the helm.

The 2nd hero will level up quickly without putting to much effect.

Thank you! I have all I need for the items you mentioned and started a new one. I will play the darkening with him and then see how long it will take to get him to 70. This first seasonal I got to 70 in about 18h play time, let’s see how fast I can get with the right items.

Edit: I gave my new char the Cain’s Fate set and put a flawless imperial ruby into the helmet, he’s a Necro and getting to 23 is pretty quick anyway.

Have you finished the entire season journey? There’s more than just the 4 chapters to get the armor set. Extra stash tab and a cosmetic pet are also rewarded. GR44 is a walk in the park - push yourself and see how high you can go?

Sounds good. I believe I need a different complete crusader set though that allows me to finish the additional journeys, since I seem not to get into the set dungeons with Aegis Valor. I have never opened the set dungeons before, so it seems there are not available to me with the Aegis set.

That’s because there is no set dungeon for Aegis Valor. It is one of the new sets and there are no dungeons for them. You will have to farm a different set. Best advice - Create a Barbarian and farm the Immortal Kings set and do that set dungeon - ridiculously easy. The rest of the journey can be done with your original Crusader.

Oh, that’s cool. Thanks a lot! I will be on my way :slight_smile:

If you get the Immortal Kings set, let me know. I did it with my barbarian and I can help you, if and when you reach that point. As long as you have the full set bonuses active, we can enter at same time and you’ll get credit for it, provided you create the game. Keep your eyes peeled for the Bul-Kathos swords!

I will! Thanks so much! I just need to get my Gem of Ease to lvl 25 before I get going, couple of more runs.

By the way, all that gear’s only relevant if you want to self-level your alts. There is another alternative available. If you say something like this in in-game General Chat channel “Looking for level 1-70 boost please.”

An existing level 70 hero will invite you to a group. They’ll set their game to Torment 6 (the highest difficulty a non-70 can join), start a game session and open a Nephalem Rift. You’ll enter too, but stay where you zoned in, and they zoom off killing all the mobs, whilst your hero gets huge amounts of XP just standing there. When they change map levels and/or kill the Guardian, they’ll tell you to teleport to them. Getting your hero from 1 to 70 this way will take around three Nephalem Rifts (possibly less if you have enough +XP gear on), so under 15 minutes.

You can also do cow levels if they have Bovine Bardiche. They are faster than rifts due to kill streaks. You both need Gem of Ease and the one leveling you should be using a gold find setup and wearing Crusterian Wristguards. If they are using a reasonably fast build with good AOE, it can be done in 2 cow levels.

Before you start getting your power level, craft the low level Cain’s set (helm is a must as it always rolls with a socket) and Bourne’s set as well as get a hellfire ring and craft a flawless royal ruby for the cain’s helm and make sure you have Leoric’s crown in your cube. That way, as you progress, you can put the sets on and gain even more xp to make it faster for you to get to 70.

Thank you all. I do prefer to lvl up myself, but helping others to get to lvl 70 quickly is something I could do with my lvl 70. My crusader is comfortable up to Torment 9 at the moment, but I only have the Aegis complete set so far which came with this season, so I need to do more mining. It took me about 2.5h to get my Barbarina up to lvl 57 in T1 with not so great gear but I played the darkening first before I went to rifting. I think I’ll try a benchmark with a new Necro purely with rifts to see how quick that will go. From google it looks like the Bovine Bardiche is a random drop, I do not have it…yet.

Don’t worry too much about the Bovine Bardiches. They are a polearm and mainly drop for Barbs, Saders and Monks (only classes that can use polearms). They might drop for other classes on occasion, but… Just keep doing what you’'re doing.

Another way to level fast - head to Act I Fields of Misery, Festering Woods and Weeping Hollow. Loads of mobs in there that can be rounded up in groups and mowed down for massacre bonuses. This season theme with the clones helps with that method immensely.

1 Like

Due to how Smart Loot™ works, this is a much more prevalent drop for classes that could actually equip a polearm. However, it’s extremely easy to obtain one, even on classes it wouldn’t usually drop for. Head to the Blacksmith and craft some rare level 70 polearms. Then use the Kanai’s Cube recipe to “Upgrade rare to legendary” and you should get some from the upgrades.

2 Likes

They drop for all classes, but are rare for the ones that can’t use polearms.

Ummm, that’s what I said.

That works best! I got from lvl 62 to 63 with one 100+ massacre in T1. Awesome :slight_smile:

Update: Made lvl 70 with Barbarian, took 4h 38 min. Will try the Necro and also let you know when I have the Immortal Kings set.

Excellent. I’m going to send a friends request in game. Accept it and if, and when, you are able we can group and do some gear hunting for your Barb. Won’t take long to get the IK set.

1 Like