What time is the PTR going to be up?

that’s so confusing can you just say what time it starts?

2 Likes

Firstly, there is no exact start time for the PTR. It starts when it starts.

Secondly, take a random time mid-to-late afternoon PDT and use the provided tools to convert it to your time zone.

For example, I live in EEST zone. If the PTR starts at let’s say 1:00 PM PDT, that’d be 11:00 PM for me (or 23:00 as the times are indicated here).

4 Likes

Man he took the time and effort to make a) an assumption when he thinks the PTR will be up

and b) created a table to which he converted his assumption for all time-zones.

The only thing you have to do is google in which time-zone the country you are currently living is in and then look at the table he posted again. come on

2 Likes

Have you finished your homework?
You have 7-13 hours to do. I’ll remind you again if I still see you around.

4 Likes

No, because Blizzard never tells us.
It varies, because it’s not a live, production server. For example…

The announcement for the 2.6.9 PTR being available was posted at 13:50 Pacific.
The announcement for the 2.6.8 PTR being available was posted at 11:17 Pacific.
The announcement for the 2.6.7 PTR being available was posted at 18:01 Pacific.

3 Likes

Exactly. It will be up when it is up. They NEVER announce a time for it. It might even get postponed to another day if there are PTR server issues. That has happened before.

Yes, that was a very nicely done table and post.

3 Likes

If you see him on the PTR and he hasn’t done his homework, send him to bed with no supper and ground him for a week.

8 Likes

2.6.9 PTR got postponed by a week so it can happen. Did we ever get any exact explanation why that happened?

Here’s hoping 2.6.10 PTR starts troublefree.

1 Like

No, but lots of possible causes. e.g. find a serious bug after deploy; deployment server burned; datacenter flooded (not joking); Microsoft pushes update to developer’s PC; …

1 Like

Nope. They don’t really owe us a detailed breakdown of exactly why something was delayed though, especially a PTR. I just assume they found something that made it unplayable or that the PTR server was having issues itself with patch deployment.

We can hope. PTRs though always have queues because there is only one for everyone of all Regions and because it WILL have bugs. PTR is not known for stability. That is why they always have the warning up in the PTR annoucment.

1 Like

Playing from Europe, I tend to find 08:00 to 12:00 BST a sweet spot for testing because it’s late enough for lots of the US players to have gone to bed, and early enough for the Asia / Australia players not to have gotten home from work yet.

Shouldn’t you be doing your homework then, instead of trolling the D3 forums?

9 Likes

Some of the same people who are now excited (like a 12 year old with a new toy) for the start of the PTR, will be finished with the season in the first 2 weeks. They will next be on the forum asking “when is the season over” because they no longer have anything to do.

7 Likes

And they will be done with PTR after 30 minutes!!! The rage is just starting I want PTR now lolololololol. Wait for all the posts about blizzard not communicating. I think Bravat is going for PTR rank 1 speeds record on his secret build…

4 Likes

There’s nothing worth testing anyway…

Really? I’m curious about some of the crusader changes and how they might work. For example LoD Bomb might be nice since the added damage affixes alone provide up to x36 damage buff.

3 Likes

More pew pew pew = higher damage, a bit higher GR rank.

You’re welcome.

Well, by my calculations the damage buff alone translates to 22-23 GRs better performance but doesn’t take the reduced cooldown of autocast bombs into account yet. Things like that need testing.

1 Like

Glad to know younger people still play this game.
I always thought it’s the old dude over 30 y/o who keep playing D3 :stuck_out_tongue: