What 's really noticeable with Wizard's Twister change

I tried different combinations.

Delsere’s, Firebirds and Rasha’s.

In Delsere’s and the others, Arcane orbit(+orb) kills better with no stats attached way better than all of the stacked twister combined.
It kind of feels like that power you know should be doing something more impressive but isn’t.

In Rasha’s it shows promise but is still underpowered drastically and not useful other than for crowd gathering with Ranslor’s bracers, which makes the change for me, not useful at all.
If you DEV[s have time to do two changes, overpower it around 1500% and take it back if needed. It’s pretty uneventful the way it is. Firebird’s needs work so that’s likely only to show promise but it didn’t there either and became a hindrance, not a help.

Only my opinion, nobody else’s.

1 Like

Yeah, Tal-Rasha needs a buff; while Firebird needs either an actual rework/revamp or a major simplification to it’s mechanics.

1 Like

how bout firebird igniting when monsters get close?? and increase the 6 pc bonus numbers?

1 Like

This is only my opinion, however the following should happen with Firebird:

• The damage buff should be changed to affect only Fire attacks instead of being a global buff

(If the igniting mechanic is to stay then):

• The Damage buff and Damage reduction should no longer be tied to the number of enemies ignited, or tied to having an elite enemy ignited.
  • Igniting enemies shouldn’t require more than one fire spell (seriously we already juggle enough with Tal-Rasha)

Something akin to this (if we’re talking about a simplification rather than a revamp):

This proposition eliminates the following:

• Needing to ignite an elite and drag them around in order to maintain buffs.
  • Damage and damage reduction buffs being tied to unreliable factors, that can be lost instantly if ignited enemy is slain.
  • Needing to juggle multiple fire spells just to ignite an enemy.

and as a result imho creates a less clunky and horrendous playstyle.

2 Likes

Really that’s the key. It’s not so much I find it a horrendous playstyle, just different and slower than delsere’s which is expected. However, the way the mechanics work, it is definitely as you said, too clunky. Grouping with Firebirds I tried with Ranslor’s bracers etc and if it had the anticipated damage, it may have been more like Delsere’s, just slow only instead of clunky.
You almost have to get rid of Meteor to use it and it is too underpowered to consider it.