What new do you want in Diablo 4

At the end of a dungeon I would love to see some sort of stats board kind of like in LOL. Total damage, who killed the most, total damage taken, total deaths, whatever. It would just be nice. It makes rifts or dungeons more competitive and fun to know that you are better than other people.

that is an opinion, i was always opposed too;
-the reward for a moutain climber is reaching the top…and taking a photo, nothing more.
-thrillseeking is an urge, not a preference imo.

not in open gameplay, in an aRPG.
mobs are the enemy to slay, not humans to boost your ego.

i fully got your meaning;
the key, for me is that in our genre, special rewards should only come from Lore, not from any other source.

ofc, i know that in some other genres, beating humans is core gameplay.
-and in our genre, the World Boss (risk-danger-challenge), i fear, will be made part of the Lore.

One thing they could do is that you get a debuff. For example, if the weather is too cold and don’t find shelter, then you suffer cold damage over time: but can use resistances and/or fire to counter the effect.

1 Like

I suppose many have already given feedback upon skilltrees/itemization & stuff, here are mine TOP 3 CONCERNS I’d like to address:

• Meaningful “survival-death” mechanic, not RNG procs that make you hit or miss or be hit or missed. Don’t neglect this either as “browsing through” mobs and hitting the one you like to hit isn’t the way to make the game work either… ALREADY given examples/posts of how/why I think “Stagger bar” mechanic would work to best achieve this goal to a decent amount
  • Meaningful mob behavior and/or combat (not overbuffed elites or overcrowed swarmlings everywhere) [most easily achieved with a stagger bar mechanic and summoner type mobs, not “Wreched mothers” but stronger mobs that summon a few assistants to help them (meaningfully) in fights. Or simply call backup/s from further on…
  • Meaningful difficulty options/progression, not monster-based stat stacking of buffs Torment slider BS (nor the D2 approach where you need play 30 levels before you even start playing, rubs me the wrong way tbh). Instead here’s a nice example I can think of ATM:
    • Lesser evil - You can stack up to 10 potion charges in a flask, level up gives you 3 powers a level, and gear repair costs 75%
    • Evil - Your flask fills up to 7 charges, level up 2 powers a level and gear repair costs 100%
    • Prime evil - Your flask fills up to 3 charges, level up 1 power at a time and gear costs 200%

Something like that… Make the game harder to “hook up” upon on higher diff with higher chance to fail earlier, BUT it’s important that to not be a “brickwall” you didn’t see coming NOR should be a bunch of BS that kills you out of a sudden :thinking: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i agree on, 1 hit mechanics dont belong to this genre
you should rather be killed slowly so you can still run away and try an other approach
so all in all, my take on this whole discussion is
no 1 hit mechanics and no spamable potions and no insane regen mechanics
you can have life leech, you can have refillable potions but if you deal too less damage you will simply run out of resources and die
theres no way around it but extrem running and kiting

3 Likes

OR be cc-ed and/or surrounded but that’s kinda one thing that’s somewhat “sensitive” topic to talk about,

think the chances for being CC-ed if/when playing “inefficient” (or bad) should be relatively high but chances for being surrounded relatively low

Which is something that

melee class players are tending to disagree based upon the melee gameplay experience which is exact reverse

i.e. constantly being surrounded but very seldom CC-ed instead

melee characters should have a higher resistance against CC, usually
thats why i would somehow connect strength to physical resistance to CC resistance

Although that is true, the problem is (again) if you cater the game toward that playstyle it becomes a “who is more durable” kind of outcome to the winner… Either you “hang on” long and kill all the stuff that attacks you or you get overwhelmed and need to jump away to “rejuv” a while

Being surrounded doesn’t mean sh*t as long as you don’t get CC-ed and hence why I dislike melee characters (well not all but Barb is surely not my thing tbh). With Barb all you have to do is like maximize sustain and don’t care about much anything else at all

It’s like you’re surrounded by sh*t all the time but don’t care unless someone can actually disable/curse or cc you in some form so that your previously status of “I can live as much as I like to and chug potions as long as I can successfully perform all my attacks & stuff” becomes “oh sh_t” out of a sudden

Barb gets to be problematic when there’s someone who can “tank” (CC or taunt) you while there are archers and/or summoners in the background

THAT’s when it becomes NOT ONLY challenging but ALSO gets quite a bit frustrating (IMO). It’s like playing a “whack a mole and go as deep as I can until all the moles are killed” kind of thing which is… to me not a good for gameplay-quality/design paradigm/idea tbh

I honestly dislike that, that’s why I think the game should be more catered around the feeling of melee classes behave like semi/ranged instead of vice versa , hence the stagger and dealing CC as well as CC avoidance more often, and is more of a maneuverability-based “cat & mouse” kind of thing as a result… FOR THAT to be achieved the “other death factor” should be toned down more which is the aspect of having less mobs to prevent “extra/unintentional” surrounds happen

Cause again, when THAT happens the game becomes a “Extreme glass cannon” for ranged classes (well other than the Sorc cause of Teleport), hence you either 1-or-2-shot all things that are “originally designed” to be 2-or-3-shot, OR get swarmed and die (unless being smart about it on time, predict the problem and position yourself at a door or in a corner)

Speaking of doors - same thing lol, for those that have played only D3 and complain about Doors - they’re the best strategic/fighting mechanic in the game lol… :slight_smile: , as you position yourself at the door entrance where there are swarms of mobs and “pray” there aren’t enough archers in the background so that your fight 1vs50 becomes more like a 1v3-at-a-time kind of thing (and hope you have either enough atk/def ratio to “outsustain” the duration of that particular “hold the door” type of fight lol

Which again, could be done much better IF there was a mob type (say captain of some kind) that simply has a hook to grab you “into the frey” if/when/expecially you stay too stationary for too long…

As a result = instead of the need to put like 60 monsters inside that particular chamber, about 10 of them instead would “do the deal” tbh… IDK, I might be biased but think would rather play a meaningful battle instead of “seek & destroy super fast”, or get swarmed… :stuck_out_tongue:

well i do think, melee tanky characters should have a way to actually stand in the crowd, and endure the CC and still be able to CC back and slowly kill the mob, while ranged characters stay out of them and kill them faster and assasin style characters could stay out or in and dodge attacks and deal massive damage
every archetype has their way to deal with a crowd

1 Like

You can get the risk versus reward element in D4s open world if done right, I think back to the first Bard’s Tale when if I wanted to I could try a much harder dungeon for a fight or 2 just to get a drop to help me with the flow of play, back then you could save before so the risk was not as high as it would be in D4.

U missed my point lol

Range class challenge makes the game annoying for melee, melee challenge makes it unfair in terms of endurability for ranged ones… Ranged classes are in a “must do massive dps” slot cause of that otherwise would get swarmed often, and vice versa, melee are in a “must resist cc” slot cause otherwise they’d get cc-ed to death cause surrounded most of the time

Think the solution is keep the CC but tune down the swarm/surround// Because when mob numbers (i.e. density) are/is kept lower = damage doesn’t have to scale skyhigh, NOR the melee would have to have crazy lifesteal/sustain mechanic, i.e. everything would work just fine-ish and strategically open instead of max out something in order to (if ranged deal damage to survive, if melee endure enough to outlast a fight, therefore survive)

Sry for being slightly confusing ATM, I’m like literally sleeping while typing ATM :D, perhaps tomorrow, though tbh think the post above was written perfectly fine :thinking: :pensive:

1 Like

yea i get you
so you think, with less mobs, you will cause less of those problems?
while i agree with you, that there should be less mobs, its always about balance and even less mobs could cause more CC than a bunch of D3 worms

What new do you want in Diablo 4

I really don’t want D2 concepts and ideas in D4.

Why?

I played D2 every season for almost a decade.

I want the Diablo IP to move to something new and unique!

Show us the future Blizzard!

Please don’t go backwards thinking this will appease all the cry babies!

Show us your magic and mystery Blizzard!

3 Likes

its not working this way
if everyone did it this way, we would eat plasti…oh…yea…

1 Like

Yes I was trying to watch a Doco on that last night, Birds in a remote area in Australia feeding their chicks plastic and not just a small amount, worst case a bird had 200+ pieces in their stomachs.

Why not build houses a new way?!!
2 walls and a roof!
Windy? Who cares! Think new! Dont stuck to the past!

I would like an ONLINE ONLY Mode. Oh wait thats already happening :smiley:

i wouldn’t mind fitting the D2 cutscenes in HD, including sound/voices into D4.