What new do you want in Diablo 4

Blizzard sanctioned combat like this would be incredible. I think they underestimate how successful this would be.

2 Likes

Let’s include underworld gambling… And you’re on to a real winner… Shhh Blizzard don’t cut me on this…

Although, this first rule of Gladiator fight club is…

2 Likes

What lies beneath your feet?

1 Like

Blizzard Bookies. Count on it.

THIS. PLEASE.

And PLEASE allow for looting of the other person’s gear!

3 Likes

And being able to put their blooded corpse on a spike that you ride round with on your mount!

1 Like

Some other stuff to do than just kill monsters.

Like, it should be optional obviously, but I’d like to be able to, in the story mode, do activities that help “heal” the dark and corrupted world of sanctuary, other than just kill the bad guys. It can be just cosmetic things but it would be wholesome to be able to be a hero that not only beats evil but helps heal the damage they done. Even if it’s just like planting some trees or some way to purchase cosmetic upgrades that “repair” the damaged/desolated looking cities and camps and stuff.

Or maybe I’m just playing too much Zelda lately and fell in love with the idea of healing the world’s sorrows LOL.

I know I’m not gonna get this, just thought I’d share my silly wish.

9 Likes

Well if they completely rework it (which they have to for it to succeed quality wise) then I want an actual DIablo game, not some “Diablo” 3 sequel.

2 Likes

Another idea (someone post something similar not long ago but coudn’t find it) could be to be able to lvl up lower level items. The items could get xp and level, but they could also add conditions: when the item reach the xp to lvl up, a condition would be requiered to get that lvl up. The conditions could change depending on the level and rarity of the item. One requierement could be to kill a specific monster or sacrifice an item or pay x amount of gold.

This system could go above the cap level but if that is the case it should always be limited, don’t want to make the same mistakes than D3 did.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

4 Likes

I like it. Made me think of Pillars of Eternity (The other PoE), which has legendaries, with requirements for multiple upgrades.

https:// i.imgur. com /VsVQDxB.png
Damn, the inability to post links is really silly.

1 Like

I really like this idea and was thinking of a similar balancing biweekly poll of top builds and underpowered classes/abilities.

Pretty much like your automatic software, except let players decide by the masses by voting with their main character and they decide 1. What’s the most overpowered build/class/skill out there right now. And 2. Whats the weakest build/class/skill out there.

Balance is very important I agree. Great ideas. But may be very difficult to implement.

1 Like

Touching on a few of the above ideas, and maybe adding some:

I seem to recall back in D I (though I may be misremembering) that the game tracked kills of certain types of monsters (ie. Skeletons killed: 1034). Add the concept I’ve seen in another game of reputation with certain creature types (undead, beast, etc.) so that the more you kill of that type, the more they hate you. Fallen: “It’s the slayer, kill them!”
This could result, in incremental hatred levels, with increased champion spawns of that type. Even summoning a pseudo boss.
Alternatively, this could be implemented into the above idea of scaling legendary type weapons. “Fallen Slayer” bonuses vs fallen type enemies. At 500 fallens killed with the weapon add +20% fire damage, at 1000 add +crit to fallen, etc etc. 3-4 unlockable bonuses.

This other game also had things mentioned above about healing the world. In minor examples, the player might collect materials and currency to repair a bridge, or use some of the crafting materials to restore damaged shrines or magical wards. Some quests might involve clearing an area to restore a town’s access to resources allowing them to reinforce or rebuild damaged walls. (not sure how that would work in the multiplayer where players without the quest would see damaged walls, and completed quest players would see them repaired)

I also like the idea of having small (and large) hidden areas in dungeons or even above ground. Imagine clearing an old abandoned mine. One part of the wall might break away when damaged and reveal a small area with a corpse to loot or a couple of small chests etc. Another area might reveal a tunnel leading to a more open cavern infested with whatever lives down there.
Building on that, I’d love to see small puzzles added. Exploring ruins: ancient carving in the wall, text reveals clues, and maybe placing small specific types of gems in a certain order reveals the carving is a door to another section, or opens a portal to a small pocket dimension with an extra boss.
Similar to the opening of the portal to old Tristam in D II

7 Likes

I like the idea of building / repairing the world with those sorts of quests, using resources you find in the world, or components… Sounds like a strong narrative if implemented correctly.

From the game with the "name that shall not be mentioned"

I like the idea of dialogue and enemies getting progressively more difficult as you kill some of a specific type, and as such unlocking progressively harder monsters for that type as they try and throw more resources to kill you… But also unlocking bonus’s for killing a specific amount / type of a certain mob type, such as, unlocking increased damage to beasts for killing 100 of each beast type e.t.c

Those both sound like really good ideas… Maybe they could be implemented into a “bounty system” that’s more meaningful…

4 Likes

Never played that game but that item looks great. Has very nice art, and it looks like one can unbind them? That is good. Also the item has a flavor text or legend, which is very good.

We want old school Diablo 2 style game with better graphics. With ability to pvp and pk just like in Diablo 2

2 Likes

It’s a good concept to “heal” the world, but I think it will inevitably go the route of silly WoW quests like “Bring the chickens back to the farmer”.

I think a good way to implement this idea will be the biggest city of the zone changing appearance based on the storyline’s progress. When you first enter it it should be ruined, desolate and part of the citizens being crazy or drunk after the horrors they’ve seen. Some of them can even be thieves or some sort of criminals, because of the higher poverty in the city. After you defeat the great evil there and rid the city of it’s influence the city should change. Visiting it after some time or story progress should show more citizens and way less degenerates, renewed buildings, cleaner streets, more trees, etc. A few of the people can stop to thank you or give you a little gift in sign of gratitude like some crafting material or something.

6 Likes

This is nice. We could have events in which the monsters attack the town and after another events to repair it, help people, etc.

It could work having a global event, with a global goal. Each player can contribute with materials to repair the town. And if the town defenses arn’t repaired, the town would become more vulnerable to other attacks (events) and would be more difficult to defend while the events are happening.

I would love that, the game Nox had that and is an old game (almost as old as D2). So D4 should be able to do that, and we saw something in those lines when the character break the wall at the demo to climb to the surface. They only need the same kind of thing to discover secret areas: break walls, move rocks, turn off fire walls blocking the pass, bringing down trees or other things to create a bridge or something.

The idea of things being able to be destroyed could help a lot to create the sence of adventure and discover things. Plus, things that can be moved or destroyed could help in the fights: they try something like that with D3 but was very limited.

1 Like

I want the dodge mechanic to play a big part for your survival. More skill/reaction based (dark souls fan) and less cheap unavoidable one-shots like in D3.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t thinking about quests. I was thinking more about thing like, you see some city messed up and you can, idk, something simple like donate some gold to improve it or something. Nothing that requires you to actively go out of your way to do some side quest.