What is the Cheat Death Progression?

I usually play a DH, but the same issue arises for all classes. There are multiple cheat deaths. In what order are they applied or triggered?

i.e. Demon Hunter has

1. Awareness passive skill
  2. Pauldrons of the Skeleton King - reusable after timeout
  3. Ancestor’s Grace - destroyed when used (can I carry an extra in my pack to don after death? What happens to it’s gem?)

Being HC I want to use them effectively. Relying on only one can prove lethal. If I use all three how do they work - in order, jointly, all three at once, passive before gear, etc?

2 Likes

Up !! :slight_smile:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT

1 Like

Sorry, but the above answers don’t make any sense.

Can someone with experience please help?

1 Like

A couple things:

1. DH is generally not a very HC-friendly class. You should know that going in, because many of DH’s best builds are very squishy. If you’re just starting in HC then I strongly recommend playing Barb or Monk, both are extremely survivable and have an easy time leveling and gearing. Next season Barb starts with the Wastes sets for WW which is one of their strongest builds for both speed and pushing.

2. The Pauldrons of the Skeleton King are hot garbage and you should never be using them under any circumstances. If you’re using those then you’re giving up either a set piece or a damage multiplier from a useful piece of loot.

3. Ancestor’s grace triggers after your passive CD effect. However, as with the pauldron’s… you should never be using it. The neck slot has some extremely useful affixes such as the ability to negate certain damage types that can save your life. Giving that up for another cheat death is a bad idea.

If you intend to keep playing HC then my advice to you is simple: get used to the mindset that you should never put yourself in a situation where you don’t have any escapes, and if your CD is procced you IMMEDIATELY peace out and wait for the cooldown.

That’s another reason why Monk is a good choice for HC, they have the ability to use their dashes to immediately escape from being walled in or cornered by arcane enchanted packs.

2 Likes

Only a sissy would " IMMEDIATELY peace out and wait for the cooldown". If you’re going to play like a sissy, stay in SC.

Yeah, instead lose hundreds of hours of progress by “manning up” and pushing on regardless. Those 17 rotating lasers in a tiny room are just from the disco lighting. You should totally run in there and start dancing.

3 Likes

Curious. 20 Posts. I decided to learn from his profile. It says…
Profile Unavailable
This profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons:

This account has been inactive for an extended period of time, and cannot be displayed. To be displayed again, the inactive account must first log in to Diablo III.
A profile for this account does not exist in this region.

The Armoury site has been incredibly unreliable for months now and will regularly fail to display heroes even if they’ve been recently played.

Also, there’s the possibility that the poster plays on console, and therefore has no web profile as hero data is held locally on their console and/or their gaming console manufacturer’s cloud service.