What is going on with petrified screams?

I just hit paragon 750, and I still haven’t found a single one. I’m throwing in the towel, the season is over for me. It’s just no fun not being able to progress the altar.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten like 1 scream on my necro and 20 on my crusader. I’ve noticed gr91 is a great spot for them to drop if you can do them super fast.

I only did like a handful with 250 paragon this Season and I got like five of them. They only drop in Greater Rifts with an average of 5% drop chance from the Rift Guardian. So just be sure you hitting Greater Rifts consistently with plenty of keys to spare. If you found none within’ 750 paragon, my first guess that you are spending too much time in Fissures. Although possible, the odds are pretty low for that occurring.

Just bad luck.

I got 2 at less 200 paragons (so I keep them for the Altar), got the staff before lvl70 (A stupid dare on my part…), got 4 (Useless) primals before 500 paragons, my first Hellfire amulet was ancient, like the puzzle ring…

And… the magic of RNG…

No way to loot a Ramaladni’s Gift :joy:

2 Likes

Flipped for me, didn’t get first Rama Gift till paragon 650, 7 screams lol. RNG baby! Can’t blame it this season on extra drops from shards/embers like last.

1 Like

As is always with this, your problem is you are trying to get one, so you won’t. Do a bunch of GRs and not want to get one and you will.

Funny part with that was Shards/Embers were extra drops on top of what you got from GRs, so they didn’t affect the drop pool for screams.

1 Like

Bah I know, but we must keep the conspiracy alive! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

“I’ve all what I want except xxx, there is a problem”

4 Likes

As a conspiracy theory lover, the forums provide me with a lot of entertainment.

4 Likes

The web site that hosts one of the most complete Diablo wikis (I think…) also has a conspiracy wiki (ofc. :upside_down_face:; besides 1000s of others).

Diablo Wiki | Fandom
The Conspiracy Wiki | Fandom

But “maybe” “just” the general info about conspiracy and conspiracy theory and the difference between the two, are a good read too (strangely enough on wikipedia…). At least it takes a while to read the two articles - even “worse” if you click on one of the gazillion links in them… :sunglasses:

Conspiracy - Wikipedia
Conspiracy theory - Wikipedia
Conspiracy theory - Difference from Conspiracy - Wikipedia

I’m curious to know if one dropped after they complained here? :rofl:

2 Likes

Drop rate on these seems very low this season

Well, drop rate rate is 1/20, so only 5% chance to get one, so by nature, it is very low. It will always seem like they do not drop enough when the drop rate is 10% or less.

My data so far for SSFM HC:

14 screams
11 are in my stash, 3 were sacrificed to the Altar.

710 legendary gem levels
HC so always 4 upgrades, all but 20ish were empowered, none were done with less than 100% chance of upgrade, so real close to 162 GRs done.

14/162 = .0864 = 8.64%

So far this season, I have gotten Screams at a far higher rate than expected. Yes, I know, small sample size, so I expect it to get closer to 5% as the season progresses.

Point is rng = rng.

1 Like

I passed P2300 this season, got like 30-ish screams so far.

Not close to the gaming PC now to check how many rifts I ran though.
I’m doing 101’s with my unauged Crusader, getting gems to 90 (average 1:20), and then I do 124s on my LoD Nova Necro (under 3 minutes average) to get them to 125.
If lucky I get in a group and then level them further.

Let’s say all gems go over 100 (but they don’t), but rounded up for early non-empowered GR’s, we have 18x23 = 414 GR’s to get all gems to 90, from 90 to 125 (3 runs to get to 115, let’s lower to 20 gems, and in average 3 more runs to get them to 125 from 115@124GR’s).

414 + (6x20) = 414 + 120 = 534. Some additional GR150 pushes in group/solo and I’m most likely at the 600GR’s mark this season.

So, the around 30-ish screams I got is justified.

I am only at p800 so far. I think I got 3-4 screams. I really don’t need them yet. My gear is far from augmentable yet. Nothing to worry about

Petrified scream drop rate is a little low for solo players, but quite enough for group players.
125->150 update with 60% odds and 4 rolls takes only about 10 runs. With empowering and partial 100% rate it takes less. Later in the season it’s nice having something meaningful to update, so this would be the minimum need.
And for starters I’d like to additionally augment quite a lot of sets with 125 lvl gems, being spoiled by last season with the shards.

Already now I’m having 10-20 gems less than I’d hope. Later in the season it probably doesn’t bother anymore so much.

15 so far on the European servers in HC Season (playing solo, not SSF…). Two spent at the altar.

Which leaves 13 to augment the complete gear of one char.

Just don’t know yet, if I want to have 13 heart attacks to update my standard DH or the Necro I have just dressed up - but not played yet - to try the four-weapons no set built…

The Necro does have 6 ancient pieces so far, some of them with dexterity, but until all pieces are ancient and have intelligence, I am rather sure that I will have found 13 more. So gonna risk my heart attacks for the DH first. :wink:

Personally I think they should drop way more often. I’d love to experiment more with builds/classes etc. but do I have to do all that grinding again to get them to an acceptable level?

2 Likes

Completed the season, need 6 more GR levels to finish Altar and done hundreds of GR’s. So far I have found 3 PS’s this season and I had to use all 3 of them for Altar seals. Usually PS drop rate is better than Rama Gifts but I have 8 gifts. Seems like a legit complaint to me.

Not so much grinding if you unlock Anointed on the Altar you can basically equip your LV 1 with all the spare legendarys you have and you can power level yourself in 10 - 20 minutes.