What is going on in the control room

What the hell is this all about?

The game developers are condoning a bot, and one of the worst examples there is too?
does this mean that botting is now officially awesome?

1 Like

Well, the Blue is kinda unaware of many situations.

Firstly, its not safe to vouch for a player who you do not know very well and praise him/her for achievements.

Secondly, the Blue promised to do something more than just ban a recent ‘exploiter’. We have 5 more weeks to see if his words hold any substance.

Lastly, the control room might just be unmanned. Blizzard has never promised or hint ban waves. This Blue seems to be the first to provide a degree of certainty, which is odd, very odd.

1 Like

If you mean the place where Matt tells bots would be done soon, this doesn’t necessary mean there would be a ban wave this Season.

1 Like

not really but its slightly relevant. i simply mean that you me and the dog next door can see the player referred to is a botter and here he condones it? contradicts logic, the rules of the game, and his comment to ban botters?

If ban waves happen eventually and starts happening regularly aka botters stop doing it then his words would be right.

He does not condone botting. He is not making a judgement about that individual at all. He does not know the person. He has not looked into the account or activity. He is talking about pure math - if Paragon level = X here is where we think the build should be in GRs.

That is it.

Just like me quoting you does not mean I looked into your background and approve of everything you say or do. A response or interaction is not blanket approval!

8 Likes

I agree with MissCheetah.

I have never used a bot and/or THUD. Personally, I would like to see strong enforcement of their “Play fair” ideology with bans for cheaters both in season and non-seasons.

In general, I have little ability to assess who is versus is not cheating in game.

2 Likes

Same here, MissCheetah is correct in this post.

CONTROL ROOM: “Business as usual, smooth sailing”

STEVEB: “MeLtDoWn afk”

sorry but this defence of the blue defies sense. as i said anyone can see the guy is a cheat and even more so an administrator should be wiser dont you think?

He is a Producer, responding to a development question with a pure math answer. He is not a member of the Hacks team. He is not an account Admin. He is not tasked with, nor would he regularly, go through account records. It is not his job. Cheat detection and penalties are handled by the Hacks team and actual account admin sorts.

A lot of people were VERY happy to get some clarity on the developmental goals the team has right now. They cared about the math and were happy to have the communications.

This is why we can’t have nice things, like Dev team replies.

Good grief.

6 Likes

and a good grief in return. posting a blanket “i will defend the blue regardless” is commendable if i were ranting or slagging. But I am not, I am trying to make a point and ask fair minded people and maybe get the blue to reconsider his post. Having a green type and spending your days here doesnt change that. I dont agree with what you said and if i re examine my comments i am reinforced by them. It sands out as a commendation of a cheat. The gentleman should have know that 10000 paragons is physically impossible without botting. Please refrain from such aggressive posting

1 Like

If you have compelling evidence of cheating, report it to the hacks@blizzard.com. Naming and shaming on the forum is frowned upon.

1 Like

did i name anyone? shucks !

You inferred enough that anybody with a brain can figure it out. SteveB let Blizzard work their processes. Don’t make this forum a place where it’s acceptable to name and shame without regard. High paragon is not enough to grief another member.

Bovie. i have not named anyone but if it would help the post i would. however it isnt about one person botting. I asked. does this mean that botting is awesome and legit?

Do you even play D3?
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Steveb-2649/career

2 Likes

Bovie if you goto d3resource there you will find a spreadsheet. in that you will see the mind shattering figure of xp that you need for 10000 paras.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:i know right

Avalon. why try to make a personal attack. try to address the subject. it may indeed help you

No personal attack, just a simple question, that you did not answer. No help from you required, I am doing just fine.

1 Like