What is a quad roll for Tal Rasha Meteor gloves?

Edit: Wanted to update you. I am going with ancient gloves I got today that are Int, Vit, CHD, CHC. The attack speed build was fun but I’m moving on and no longer using that. The plan is to push higher GRs. I’ll need a more normal build.

I got quad rolled gloves for Tal Rasha Meteor. They are not ancient.

The stats:
Int, CHD, CC, Area Damage.

My initial thought is roll Intelligence to, Resource Cost Reduction or Attack speed.

I like to show off and brag so I don’t mind they aren’t ancient. I just want good quad gloves.

:pray:

Edit: I’m playing season 28 so I got all the buffs.

I would probably leave the int on it. With resource on crit and the fact these builds don’t really need cooldown, then I think int is a better stat to keep until you get high paragons. But even then an extra 8% resource is of marginal benefit IMO.

1 Like

I think the int would be the best as well. An argument might be made for resource reduction with Aetherwalker in a farming set up, but honestly…just leave it.

As for attack speed, I assume there are breakpoints to cast Meteor slightly faster, and those trigger comet more often, but again, I don’t think it’s worth investing in. As long as you have the three key stats, being AD, CHC, CHD.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think 3 x 7 IAS are needed for the next break point? I’m not 100% sure however so don’t rely on this.

I have no idea, something else to note is we pretty much will always have frenzy shrine this season, which is an IAS multiplier.

I went wild with attack speed just for the fact that I got quad gloves.

I understand that INT is best and the RCR is not a big deal with the season buff.

My APS is 1.54 (attacks per second).

I have 7% IAS on:
Gloves, chest, 1 ring and, weapon.

I’m using Templar for heals.

The idea is to stutter step and cast meteor which is how I kind of play. I’m on Xbox Series X.

Edit:

The fact that I logged in and my quad gloves were missing is ridiculous lol. Good thing I had a backup pair of quads. Rolled:

IAS
CHD
CHC
AD

Edit: Wanted to update you. I am going with ancient gloves I got today that are Int, Vit, CHD, CHC. The attack speed build was fun but I’m moving on and no longer using that. The plan is to push higher GRs. I’ll need a more normal build.

So d3planner doesn’t seem to have a breakpoint table for meteors, but looking at apo’s wizard tools sheet, Meteor should have the same breakpoints as Shock Pulse.

Here’s the table covering some common cases. You can check in D3planner using Shock Pulse as a proxy to see some other cases (e.g. with Speed Pylon, with some rolls <7% etc.).

I’m assuming Staff (1.1 base) and 10% paragon IAS for all cases and note that Tal’s will always have at least 1 gear IAS roll (Tal’s chest), so the no gear rolls options really only apply to LoD Meteors. Unless you roll IAS off your Tal’s chest for some reason, but I wouldn’t recommend that.

Min APS FPA No weapon IAS, no shrine 7% weapon IAS, no shrine No weapon IAS, Frenzied Shrine 7% weapon IAS, Frenzied Shrine
1.1905 48 no gear rolls (LoD)
1.2158 47
1.2422 46
1.2698 45 1x 7% gear roll no gear rolls (LoD)
1.2987 44
1.3289 43
1.3605 42 2x 7% gear roll 1x 7% gear roll
1.3937 41
1.4286 40 3x 7% gear roll 2x 7% gear roll
1.4652 39 no gear rolls (LoD)
1.5038 38 4x 7% gear roll 3x 7% gear roll
1.5444 37 1x 7% gear roll
1.5873 36 4x 7% gear roll no gear rolls (LoD)
1.6327 35 2x 7% gear roll 1x 7% gear roll
1.6807 34 3x 7% gear roll
1.7316 33 2x 7% gear roll
1.7857 32 4x 7% gear roll 3x 7% gear roll
1.8433 31
1.9048 30 4x 7% gear roll

The breakpoints are very close together, so picking up another IAS roll always put you up at least 1 breakpoint, often 2 or even 3. There’s a couple specific cases where it only puts you up 1 frame and you want to avoid those cases, so with Frenzied Shrine active I actually think you specifically DON’T want to have 3x regular gear rolls. With Frenzied Shrine up, you want a maximum of 2 gear rolls, because the breakpoint for 3 gear rolls with Frenzied Shrine (either with or without weapon IAS) is very suboptimal.

Going from 35 to 34 fpa (Frenzied Shrine, no weapon IAS, 2-> 3 gear rolls) or from 33 to 32 fpa (Frenzied Shrine, 7% weapon IAS, 2-> 3 gear rolls) is only about a 3% dps increase in both cases. 3% dps gain for a ring/glove roll is very mediocre, you’ll basically always want to grab something like area damage instead. In any amount of density, 20% area is worth a good bit more than 3% dps.

EDIT: And I should add breakpoint optimization mostly only applies to Comet where you are constantly spamming out meteors, for Star Pact you won’t get as much benefit from IAS and you should probably just stack area damage everywhere. And honestly, I’d probably just recommend that for Comet too.

2 Likes

Why not? Getting something like 11% elite damage reduction might trump the IAS roll with meteor. I’d LOVE Int/Vit/Elite % and 15% life on a tal’s armor.

Damage isn’t our problem, survivability kinda is!

Great post, as always, Tinne.

I suppose, at least for Star Pact.

I think for Comet I’d still prefer the IAS over a toughness roll.

1 Like

I noticed the mana dips down and displays the rate at which you can cast. Channeling pylon it’s impossible to see how fast you’re casting as, the mana is not getting spent.

Seems to me standing still is above and beyond faster Meteor spam than stutter stepping.

Thanks for the sheet for attack speed.