What balance mean for Blizzard?

I’m really curious what balance means for you Blizzard? I’m just trying to mention that is not a balance if you make a build OP and highly overpowered comparing to other builds…

Lets see an example. There is WW barb. Nice that barb can do damage now. But. All other barb build are crap now… noone plays with other builds because they are not even close to WW. They are just not worth playing. They are not competitive builds.
I can say that in patch 2.6.7 the barb builds was much more balanced with the buged fjord cutter. There were 4-5 build used in the top 20 clears. Now? Rend everywhere…
I’m sorry for saying this but I don’t want to have an OP barb build if this is the consequence. The build diversity is much more entertaining than having one OP and everyone doing the same… in last season there were 4 different build in top 10 solo barb! In S19? Only WW rend…

So what is the balance you wanna reach Blizz?

2 Likes

Necro Trag’ouls Set is 3800% damage increase.
LoD/LoN is 9750% damage increase.

“Balance” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Some builds lack toughness to even survive high GRs, some lack damage to even complete in time, some lack both. The person or group thats in charge of balancing these builds must be horrible at math or something, failed algebra in high school idk.

35 G-rift difference, ± another 50

That’s how blizzard operates for many many aeons. For example world of warcraft. Some classes out dps/heal other classes. An new patch nerfs some classes then buff others. And some classes never get touched (nerfed) like the demon hunter. They always do it and I don’t see it changing.

Blizzard don’t believe in balance for D3, they have a philosophy in a rolling Meta which is dumb, it locks you into the playstyle they want for the season.

This removes customisation, character depth and replayability- personally I have no idea how people look at the screen with whirlwind builds :S

2 Likes

im tired of the endless debate about balancing which has been going on for years. i just want to see the communication they promised us about it. once they tell us their official position then we can talk.

This post by the game producer Matthew Cedarquist gives some insights on their ideas on balance. As previously stated, a blog post will be coming in the future. I wanted to increase his post’s visibility as it is post 368 in another thread.

The solo GR target is 141 for a well-geared 10K paragon character.

See:

Neither of those first things should exist, and ramaldi’s gift was introduced because of a failed affix system…

None of those are “balance” decisions, or “meaningful”.

Blizzards design philosophy is scary, if it continues for D4… Throw a few 1000% at, predetermined METAs with specific expectations - you’re basically told how to play and what you’re expected to do, which is boring.

1 Like

Excuse me? Because I disagreed with YOUR points you go off the rails and lose the plot.

If you had bothered to read other forum posts I’ve been highly vocal about solutions, instead you have taken a disagreement personally and acted like a spoiled child.

1 Like

We are talking about the unbalance of class sets and builds in D3 and your derailing the topic into D4. D4 is not even a complete game yet we dont know if it will have a good or bad balance. Your points on balance aspects of the game are more “Game Features” related. We are talking about how for each class theres always that 1-2 builds that overpowers the rest of the builds, causing other builds to be played less because they lack toughness or damage, or both.

I personally dislike how monks are forced to wear a unity ring for that 50% damage reduction in order to survive high GRs in a solo or 4 man push. This is one of the reason why monks cant contribute as a DPS role. Right now its just AoV sader, Vyr Wiz, Bazooka Wiz, Impale DH, or Rbarb for DPS, theres far more builds to play but they are weak to even be able to participate.

1 Like

Maybe the problem is more by the too vast possible sets or builds you could use vs the way they made "optimal"only 1 or 3 build per season only. Wiz can play firebird tal vyr dmo and a no sets, so 5 now how many class we have ? 7 7×5=35! So 35 possible playstyle but we have maybe 4 very performant each season with 1 always being way too hard to play if not p1000+ so it’s a waste of potential each time. Maybe in d4 they should just focus on 3 sets for each of the class they choose to create, like one for speed(fusioning the concept of gr and bounties build) that you have the downside of not being too armor freindly, one for tanky campaign so maybe not so fast but more tactical like more maraudeur vs impale, and one with pets/compagnon style. So I would delete the concept of having a templar scoundrel and enchanteress for everyone because they are 1)boring 2)very not helpful in solo gr or solo bounties en 3)only making your stash full for nothing.

Blizz just happen to make my favorite barb build OP. That is why I am playing it. Actually I would love to have had it where it would be OP the way that it was when I could have the hybrid Immortal King 4 piece and Wastes 6 piece. That was a fun build to play many years ago.

You remind me of those people who pull ‘If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything’ but actually mean ‘If you have anything to say that I don’t agree with, shut the hell up’. I see a depressing amount of these types here as of late.

You have to realize the reason people are being so vocal and rather harsh is because they don’t want to see D4 go down the same path of mediocrity that D3 did.

1 Like

10k paragon, have fun staying legit or solo.