What are the TL3 requirements as of Dec 2019?

If it weren’t for all the D4 posts, no one would be TL3…
Not much of a surprise it’s borked some of the time…

I originally got TL3 weeks before BlizzCon announced D4…

Yes, it’s 99% this one. I re-gained TL3 at 30 likes. It could also be 30 likes over 140 days, but I suspect they are sticking to the 100 days model.

I wish they’d white list more domains, so people wouldn’t have to worry about TL3 so much.

2 Likes

I deliberately gave 31 likes in 24 hours, a couple of days ago and didn’t regain it. Unless there’s a rolling requirement for likes received too (and I don’t see a way to easily count those from the activity page) I’m not sure why not…

168 days visited
8.7K topics viewed
110K posts read
292 likes given
2.2K posts created
4.2K likes received

…apparently not enough to be trusted, despite having been at TL3 for a couple of months until a couple of days ago.

You certainly have more likes received than me.

It’s a bug your case - just contact the support and tell them to look into this, it takes a minute.

At one point in time, you mentioned that you had a post buried by flags and that post remained hidden.

Could it be a glitch with that? Specifically, that one of your posts was flagged into being “hidden” and remained “hidden”. I am thinking that the glitch is associated with the new version of the forum.

I am still TL3. I had a single post that was buried temporarily due to flags; however, the next morning after receipt of the system e-mail it was made visible again. The initial system e-mail said that this would happen if the post did not violate the rules and all associated flags for that post would be deleted.

1 Like

Well, I filed a ticket.

The initial GM response was just to direct me to a thread (on the WoW forums) which listed the criteria for obtaining / maintaining Trust Level 3 but saying that they had no exact details of how to raise Trust Levels.

I added more information to the ticket, demonstrating that I had far exceeded all of the stated requirements, i.e. at the time…

I have visited the forums on 171 days.
I have viewed 8.8K topics.
I have read 112K posts.
I have given 301 likes.
I have received 4.2K likes.
I have replied to hundreds of different Topics.
I am not currently suspended.
I do not know how to establish whether I have received more than 5 spam / offensive flags.

That means at the time I raised the ticket, I had visited the forums on 100% of the days they had been active, I had read 100% of the threads, I had read 100% of the posts, I had given and received more likes than required, I’ve made more than enough threads / posts, I’m not suspended but I have no way to ascertain how many flags I’ve received.

The response to that was that despite the forum threads which list the criteria, the actual critera are internal to Blizzard and cannot be revealed, i.e. because they weren’t posted in blue we can’t rely on the information in them.

In summary, they told me to keep posting and see if I get it back.

Well, I’m sorry, but if literally 100% participation since the forums went live isn’t enough, I don’t know what else I could be expected to do.

Seems I’ll be remaining at TL2 on the US forums.

Tell them you have the right to know whether it is:

1. Suspension/ban/bug
  2. Forum requirement

While it’s understandable they don’t want to mention the exact forum requirements, they HAVE TO tell you whether it’s case 1) or 2).

Well, the only thing it can be is number of flags (which I don’t see any way of ascertaining) because it’s just not possible for it to be a reading / writing / likes / days visited as I literally couldn’t do more than 100%.

I’m not spending any more time / effort on this.
I’ve accepted that I’ll remain at TL2 and that they won’t tell me why.

OOOOOOOOR

Option 3: ya’ll can get a life.

But looking at the majority of people around here (especially in this thread), to which forumz is lyfe, I might as well be asking for an arm & a leg…

So, what was it? You are TL3 now, right?

I can’t get TL3 atm. It’s possible I have been flagged too much.

Just behave, follow the rules, and there are no issues. Most of those complaining participate in trolling and other forum misconduct and seem to want full privileges while doing the latter.

You know it is. Don’t play the fool.

I don’t have TL3 at the moment either (I think I need to “like” more posts). It really bothers me since I can’t EDIT SOME OF MY OWN POSTS NOW!

For context, I wrote an extensive DH damage guide (stickied in DH forum) with lots of formatting flair but it required the use of TL3 since I put links to some external websites (e.g. Maxroll’s site). However, since I lost TL3 I cannot update/edit it to add pertinent S25 information.

I really wish the forum moderators would revisit this issue for well-behaved forum users who earn TL3 repeatedly only to lose it again and again via not “liking” enough posts.

To the moderators:
Please grant me permanent TL3. I won’t abuse it, but if you feel I break the rules, you can always take it away and delete my posts.

2 Likes

We’ll see. I contacted the support.

It’s funny there are double standards for posters. A lot of posts that violate terms don’t get attention, while posts of mine that aren’t against the rules get flagged when some users don’t like these. Go figure.

Yeah, that’s a big problem if you post guides.

1 Like

There are no double standards. We’ve talked about this. There was a point in a topic a while back where this was discussed, and you were part of the conversation. It has to do with hiw many times a post is flagged. If someone who think a double standard is being given to doesn’t receive punishment for the exact same thing you got punished for, all that means is enough people flagged your comment and not theirs.

That is not a double standard. Posters who inflame topics and are highly visable across almost every thread have a higher probability of getting flagged than somone who is polite and respected and just as visable.

Like I said before, many people complaining break the rules, get in trouble, and want to cry unfair.

It is. You had idiotic posts in the thread that got deleted without these being flagged.

A bit late to the party here…

Yeah, I’ve had the exact same issue myself. I’m not sure, but I don’t think that “likes given” are weighted very heavily, or maybe even at all, at least past a certain base threshhold that may never decay. I think the most heavily weighted thing is reading “new/recent topics and posts” plus “days visited”, i.e. just logging in regularly.

What has worked for me is just going to each “new” topic listed on the overall forum front page, clicking it and then quickly scrolling through many/all of the posts. With 5-10 minutes of work per day, that usually clears up the issue within a day or two.

It is a TERRIBLE system, that has absolutely no relation to what any reasonable person would mean when they say they “trust” somebody or something.

3 Likes

The likes given needs to be maintained at a certain number (or above) over a rolling 90 day period, and it absolutely decays and can lose you TL3 if it falls below that threshold. If you lose TL3, and you’ve been maintaining Threads / Posts Read try throwing 30 likes at any posts that take your fancy (a lot of the likes I give tend to be in the Tech Support and Bug Report forum, given to helpful fellow posters in there, because we often need to be able to post screenshots to demonstrate how to do stuff) and this might be the thing that gets you TL3 back.

Having said that, I fail to see how randomly liking 30 posts every 90 days make anyone more trustworthy. It never was a trust system, it’s a participation system.

3 Likes