What are the TL3 requirements as of Dec 2019?

I’ll go this path these days so we find out the exact number.

I use Adblock for many things and I skip the likes totally.

Okay, as I can’t embed pictures any more I guess my TL3 decayed down to TL2. I already checked, no system notifications so it’s not because I’ve been a naughty boy. I’ve visited the forums for 165 days and I’ve got 8.5K topics read, 108K posts read, 246 likes given and 4.1K likes received.

Of those 246 likes, well over 150 of them were in the last 100 days thanks to me dropping a large number of them in the big Barbarian threads. So, I’m at a loss as to which of the hoops I’ve apparently been failing to jump through.

1 Like

That’s super strange. This smells like a bug this time. Contact support and ask them:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1032/ticket

It’s not 1-20. We’ll see if it’s 25 tomorrow. If it’s not I’ll try 29 then 30. It might be 30 over longer period of 100 days.

2 Likes

@MissCheetah or anyone who knows:

How many flags are required on a particular post to get a system notification about it/have the post hidden? Is it possible that a post can be considered flagged by a moderator without a system notification? For example, a post can be deleted without a system notification.

@Meteorblade,

Did your loss of TL3 status coincide with the recent forum update?

Also, how many system notifications have you received about flagged posts? Were those posts unhidden after moderator review? If this number is 5 (or more) that could be an explanation.

3 Likes

But on different posts. I highly doubt Meteor (or some other of the regular posters) received 5 flags on different posts. This is a bug for sure.

Meteor, why you keep your profile hidden? Open it so we can expect the stats.

Correct. It needs to be 5 distinct moderator-reviewed posts that were justifiably flagged according to this:

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware we’d had a forum update in the last couple of days…

As recently as three days ago, I was creating clickable hyperlinks and embedding pictures in my posts, as these examples show…

Tried embedding a picture in a thread today and got told I wasn’t allowed. I’ve received no system notifications messages since being able to do links / embedding, i.e. if I’ve lost the TL3 due to a guidelines violation, it’s not one I’ve been told about but it’s the only thing I can think of, as my days visited / threads read / posts read / likes given / likes received are well in excess of the TL3 requirements.

Oh, well.

1 Like

Yeah this is exactly the problem I had and with zero ideas on how to address the problem. I was lucky that the “like” counter fixed the issue but it could be different things for different people.

1 Like

Well, I guess I could randomly like 30 posts tonight and see if I get TL3 back when the scheduled server chron job runs overnight and see if I can post pictures again tomorrow.

Okay, so I’m offering 30 likes to the first person that makes me a cup of tea…

Can you check in your profile on which date you made your 30th like (from latest to first)?

1 Like

Happy Holidays Meteorblade

4 Likes

I gave my 30th like on July 23rd but that’s not when I got TL3, because the forums had to be up for 100 days for the rolling requirements to be counted.

Okay, so I’m now up to 277 likes given.
(You know who you are, if you’re the lucky recipient)
Let’s see what the overnight chron job does with that.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s in reverse order?

Yes, I’m certain. The default view for looking at your own likes is in reverse datal order so I scrolled to the bottom of the list (to the oldest like I’d given) and then back-tracked thirty up from that.

If I remember rightly from the time I first got TL3, the scheduled job on the server seems to run around midnight (Pacific Time) so I’ll check in the morning (around 07:00 GMT) as to whether I can post pictures again or not.

On https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at, all additions are at 11:00 PM EST which is also the time for Europe forums TL3 additions.

2 Likes

I saw that 1 more TL3 was added tonight. It was not Meteorblade.

I would wait one more day as sometimes I think that there is a bit of a delay.

2 Likes

No, I meant the other way - thirty from most recent you liked.

It’s not 25 likes too. I’ll go to 29 and 30 tomorrow. It might be 30 over 140 days.

1 Like

Indeed. Oh, well. Guess that’s the end of me being able to post screenshots of stuff in the Tech Support / Bug Report forums.

1 Like

There is also another option - when they added the likes rolling requirement (and this was after we got TL3) they simply counted the date of our last liked post as being equal to 30 likes in their system. This means it could be 30 over 100 days.

Haven’t you written the support?

1 Like

Nope. I’m now at…
167 days visited
8.7K topics viewed
110K posts read
286 likes given
4.2K likes received

I’ll check again tomorrow morning (GMT) and if it’s not back to TL3 I’ll just stop bothering to try and maintain the criteria.