What am I doing wrong?

Hi! I’m brand new to the Diablo world so forgive me if I have no idea what I’m talking about lol… here’s my problem:

Downloaded D3 on my PS4 last week. My mom and I play “couch co-op” I think it’s called (we’re in the same room). I’m a necromancer, she’s a crusader. I’m level 43 she’s level 21. We were playing and getting our asses handed to us when I realized it says on her side of the screen “this skill requires a shield.” HOWEVER when she pulls up her inventory to equip something it shows her character standing there without a weapon or shield. We tried literally everything in her inventory, everything, and nothing ever shows up on her character. We’ve gone through all the skills to see if changing those does something but nothing. Like I said, I’m brand new to this game so I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong? My character is fine BTW, I can change any piece of equipment. Has this happened to anyone else? TIA

Does she have a shield in her inventory that she can equip in her off hand? If not, find one or go to the blacksmith and craft one.

If she’s trying to equip a shield but it won’t let her, does she have a two-handed weapon equipped? Most heroes can only use a one-handed weapon in conjunction with a shield, but the Crusader has a class-specific option of using a two-hander and a shield. This requires the use of the Heavenly Strength passive, available from hero level 10 onwards.

We’ve tried equipping every shield in her inventory. The character holds her arm up like she has it on her arm but there isn’t actually anything there.
She’s got the Heavenly Strength option available and it was working for a while. We tried getting rid of that but the same thing happens… she’ll hold her arm up like she has a shield or put her arms up like she’s holding some sort of weapon but nothing’s actually there.

Well, that’s a new one on me, never heard of that happening. I play on PC and rarely play my Sader. Maybe someone on the Console discussion board has an answer, or you could try Tech Support?

Thanks for the reply! We didn’t play for a couple days and when we started it today it’s like nothing was wrong. All the weapons showed up and the character attacks no problems. It’s the strangest thing :woman_shrugging: