Well, I kind of expected this

They “nerfed” fire! I’m referring to the fire graphics like the firewalls the countess puts down or the flaming pentagrams you sometimes see in the tower levels.

Here’s a comparison image(alpha on the left, beta on the right, maxed settings on both)
http s://ibb.co /Rzjt31R

I said I expected this because there were reports of ppl importing their old characters into the alpha and having severe performance issues with the firestorm proc of the hellfire torch. I would imagine Diablo’s firestorm attack would have the same problem so they had to do something. It’s just a shame the old effect couldn’t be optimized and is instead replaced with something that looks worse (imo anyway).

I couldn’t agree more. I did not personally play alpha, however based on footage, the fire vfx really looked stunning. The way they melted together really captured the essence of what makes fire itself.

Having watched the recent class trailers, it seems as though perhaps said effects still exist. I wonder if the beta build had slightly simplified vfx for performance reasons, seeing as it was multiplayer.

Something to ponder.

1 Like

I noticed the footage in the trailers had the better fire effects. While I am hopeful that means they found a way to optimize them, at the same time, it could be old footage they’re re-using for the trailers. I do hope you’re right for sure.

1 Like

The beta we got to play was a early version of the game, they fixed the problems with durail and had a solution for the loading in his room. At least that’s what I heard from a few livestreams from people playing the game.

1 Like

Only thing the open beta was around for was server stress.