Weapon damage type

Hey guys! I was just wondering. I’m running the speed rift variant of the Trag’Oul death nova build from maxroll.gg but I’m still working to get everything optimized. Question is, my weapon says “x-x fire damage”. Am I leaving damage on the table here? Am I missing some bonus damage since it’s not physical?

Hi

You will not miss any damage, currently the damage type on the weapon is irrelevant :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally the damage type on the weapon does not matter except in certain very rare cases. For example wizard’s Elemental Exposure counts the weapon damage type towards its stacks.

For Trag’Oul Blood Nova the weapon damage type is completely irrelevant.

As a general rule you never, ever re-roll that stat, no matter what type damage it is. It is just there gilding the lily, so to speak. Sometimes yes, but usually no.

And here I have been trying to match it to my main attacks rune damage type, thinking I was getting a few more deeps out of it.

Doh!

Well, I suppose if you are happy with all the other stats on a weapon, you could reroll that stat to match your attack type.

Thanks for the replies! Greatly appreciated.