Weapon damage goes down

I play a Barbarian everytime I socket a weapon by rerolling it my damage on the weapon goes down. I have looked on the internet to see what causes this and I can’t figure it out. I am currently using the Slander and Little Rogue and to lose out on that much damage basically destroys my grinding and makes it very hard to replace because of the low drop rate.

Post a screenshot of your weapon. My guess is that you rolled the main damage off of the weapon.

Do you mean the right-hand weapon (the Slanderer) here:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Faptopia-1373/hero/107775117

Sigh So why do you keep making the same mistake? Don’t you learn from your mistakes?

What exactly do you think the elemental damage property does?
You know, the +[xxxx]-[yyyy] (elemental) damage

After the first time, when you roll it off and your weapon becomes nerfed, doesn’t that tell you something?

1 Like

OK I didn’t know that I am actually fairly new to the game even though i’ve owned it for years I didn’t play it much thank you for the information.

I’ve noticed when I remove my legs, dmg goes UP 100,000pts. Put them back on, DOWN 100’000. Maybe I’m a noob but could someone please explain this to me??!!

@BMF
This topic was 2 months ago, and already closed.

If you need help, please create a new topic on New Player Help forum.

You haven’t provided enough information. In your topic, please state clearly which character and what legs.

Your seasonal Wizard is wearing these…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/hexing-pants-of-mr-yan-Unique_Pants_101_x1
Read the legendary affix.

1 Like

Здравствуйте. Варвар 70 уровень. Мечи Бул-Катоса теряют урон до 461,5 ед. Не могу найти информацию по этой теме. Может так должно быть? Уже три меча в таком состоянии. Один древний с 2500 уменьшился до 461,5 ед.

This happens when you enchant the Weapon Damage off of a Weapon for a non-Damage Property.

Never change a Weapon’s Damage Property unless you’re re-rolling for a higher Damage Range or playing a support build.

For example: DO NOT enchant +1196-1424 Fire Damage to +500 Vitality. If you do, the Damage will decrease from 2,359.6 to ~500.

1 Like

Понял, важная информация, благодарю. Это касается только оружия?

Regarding this issue, the simple answer is yes.

But, Armor can boost Damage also. It depends on your Character build. For example: Most of the time, Armor boosts your Toughness. It can also boost the Damage of your Skills and your Skill Damage is based on your Weapon Damage. It depends on what you need most, from any particular item: Toughness or Damage.

But, you never want to enchant the Weapon Damage Range off of your Weapon. That is where you will take the biggest decrease in your Characters’ overall Damage.

If you would like further information on this, you should start a thread in the General Discussion Forum or the appropriate Class Forum. This Bug Report Forum is not the place for discussing game-play.

Good luck on your future adventures.