We won, my brothers and sisters!

Damn.

How angry they get and how they resort to personal attacks just because they can not provide a source.

Keep on your delusional circle jerking, 4 million LTD sales should tell you a thing or two, Mr. Marketing.

You are not understanding that is what I am saying and Zahramr is saying it is not.

ya it had been on a steady down fall not disagreeing with you but right about the time of D3 release they were still at about 10.3 mil players.

If what you were saying was true then the WoW numbers would of spiked back up if people had a mass exit from D3. But instead WoW numbers dropped to 9.1 million. People were just leaving blizzard entirely over d3, that equals burned customers not coming back.

Edit: Also let me add that Diablo 3 had a 90% player decline from D3 release till Reaper of souls.

Not every one bought a year pass that is for sure . You said it People were leaving Blizz. I was just pointign out initally that the numbers included the free copy given out which also helped to inflate the sales numbers and the D3 player numbers for a time . But over all both games lost a lot of players over that time frame.

Speaking for myself I went out of my way to change my subscription cause I knew I wanted D3. Many players use the monthly feature an went out of there way to change there subscription to get D3 cause they were planning on buying it already. So saying oh it was a free copy that’s why they left they were just testing the game isn’t really a good defense. People didn’t stay cause it just wasn’t good this is universal an applies to all games.

I just used the term “free” BTW but I was just saying that the sales totals included that “Free” copy . I know a lot of people were going to buy it and got it that way. Again Zahramr is saying that the "free " copys through the pass were not counted in the sales totals . He seems to think it is 30 mil in unique sales not total units combined out the door.

Also I forgot the decimal on my original reply, D3 only had 1.2million copies from WoW Subscriptions.

No worries I figured something like that ,12 million seemed high LOL. But either way I was just pointing out that they did count the “free” copy’s into the sales totals :slight_smile:

I’m not really sure what are we compare. Game form 2000, 4 million copies, majority probably box copies. Thats a different era! Thats the time of 56k dial-up modems, simple internet, no facebook, twitter or youtube. No streamers, influencers etc. And yet this game has been sold in 4 million copies! Zahramar also forgot that huge success in pre-sale and early sale of D3 it was only because D2 reputation! Players that were sure D3 will be amazing game, so bough it as soon as it was possible. Me included. Still got diablo head with 4gb pendrive sticking out of it on my desk from collectors edition bought on pre-sale. Dissappointment of the decade. Yeah, but thats a different story. All I want to say is this numbers are not easy comparable. And you cannot talk about D3 success without all the job that D2 made for D3.

4 Likes

Sorry not sorry purists I mean did you really think Blizzard is making it for you guys? :joy:

I refer you to Blizzard’s response regarding the infamous NHAM bug:

Hey, we’re aware of the issue but we decided that it was part of the original experience that we were concerned of impacting.

They’re treating a horrible, game-breaking bug as a feature. Why? In the name of “preserving the original experience”. So Blizzard is in fact catering to those “purists” you’re making fun of, how rich.

Look folks. This kid was probably hanging out in his daddy’s bag hoping not to end up in a sock when this game came out… Or maybe he’s just not running on all cylinders, or he’s a troll, or any combination of the above… If he responds, and then no one else does, he can’t comment any more on this stupid thread. Better off to ignore him and let this end.

3 Likes

WSG, ebug, and ungated ladder-content says hi!

Again, let them “cater” to “purists”, but then:

This is going to be excited, sales figures when?

I always transfer my ladder to non ladder. Who has all day keep leveling

Now, it might just be me being cynical, but if I were Blizzard, and I only wanted to squeeze out as much cash from this remaster as possible, I would make the initial release close to the original with some much asked for QoL features that almost everyone wanted (and that the mods have).

Then, once all the “purists” have bought in (and played and it’s too late for refunds), I would implement all the other stuff as options to bring in more casuals and those sitting on the fence.

Now, everyone can have the game they want to play, and Blizzard already has everyone’s money, so they don’t care if they drive people who don’t like it back to original D2. Oh, and as an aside, if I was Blizzard, I would be sicking lawyers on every modder community and shutting down Battle.net… force people to play on the new platform, (or on private servers), or not at all.

But that’s just if I was a greedy-not-interested-in-the-customer’s-opinion-Activision-Company.

Yea they will never put private loot in d2 res not happening !!

1 Like

This would be a terrible business venture considering it would effect the sales of D4. This is called burning customers.

2 Likes

Which is exactly what they did with D3. That’s why I will never preorder/ prepurchase another Blizzard product.

No ploot. Your right I’m laughing and celebrating.

1 Like

Well well well, another GREAT news (Damn, feels good to be right):

Diablo 2: Resurrected Devs Say They Have Plenty Of Ideas For New Content

Diablo II: Resurrected may be a remaster of a two-decade-old game, but new runewords, items, and more could be in the cards.

www[DOT]gamespot[DOT]com/articles/diablo-2-resurrected-devs-say-they-have-plenty-of-ideas-for-new-content/1100-6496358/

Hopefully PLOOT too!!

Its funny how you keep saying we won, and you are the only one who wants ploot lol.

1 Like