We needed a Remake not remaster Alpha proved that

I put a lot of effort into it like 5-6 / 10

Good God where do you morons crawl out from under. The “alpha” client that was offline was cracked. Oh no. Pretty much like every other single player or offline experience in existence.

Hopefully your large brain can comprehend the fact that this will be on Bnet 2.0, and these things won’t happen.

Read something before posting dumb stuff.

5 Likes

Look l I’m sorry I have to mess with people on these forums! I’m happy these purist have such a hardcore passion for d2 but it’s going to be a ghost town mark my words everyone else was prob trolling if you can’t see thst well… but yes the same 10ish purist that post on every thread make a goofball like me happy! Make actual opinion is we need two ladders one with qol and instanced loot and a purist ladder! Keeping everyone and a populated game is my goal but if the purist win there won’t be much of a playerbase people simply don’t want a 20 year clunky unbalanced outdated game… so I’ll wait watch the game come out with little to no changes and watch it die a terrible death like Warcraft 3!

3 Likes

If the ladders are split up, the same will happen to the playerbase. It can be done but only with a very high playerbase. If it’s gonna end up with 2 dead ladders, it would be no good.
Too much of a risk imo.

1 Like

how about you make ladders for hardcore players only and community boards for non hardcore players.

“This is an authentic remaster of people’s childhood. And that’s true for any kind of remaster you want to do…”

“It’s not just remastering what was made, it’s also how they made it back then.”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-2-resurrected/fix-diablo-2

5 Likes

Tried it your way with D3 that was a flash in the pan. D2 dominated for years. D3 did not. D3 was projected to be almost as big as wow it wasn’t. They expected it to bring in a ton more money then it did. The game did not retain the numbers of players it should have if all these qol changes were good it would have. If it was so amazing another expansion pack would be getting made to pay for D4. Instead you get D2R remastered to try and get the community back that they pissed off and left and to bring in enough money for D4 and for those that played D3 to try it out if they never played it and also to get you to be more accepting to changes they are making to D4 to attempt to make it actually stand up well and retain players.

2 Likes

It was a different post-alpha interview.

This comment is interesting to me. In childhood, many do not have the perspective of experience and wisdom that comes with age. Many things that we consider wonderful as children prove not to be as great as we remember.

I am older. D2 was not part of my childhood but part of my adult life. I had the perspective at that time as well as many others to see firsthand what the flaws were in the game. Do not get me wrong, D2/D2:LoD was my favorite game at the time and I played it thousands of hours but I see the game for what it is: very good for its time with significant room for improvement in 2021.

3 Likes

I’m fine w/ a remaster. IDC about the bots anymore. Or the hacks, after 20 years on this game and many ban waves I start to miss those little trolls with AA. Fun to kill them and collect their ears too.

Yeah, that’s of course fair. I think itd make most sense to let people totally relive the youth nostalgia at release though, and perhaps change a few things based entirely on feedback after everyone’s been saturated with the original thing. Seems that’s been one of the stable intentions of the devs throughout the interviews, anyway.

Id even be cool with two realms at release, but doesnt look like that’s in the stars.

I have no problem with making changes but wait till after 3 seasons of ladder because quite honestly if you have never played this game before you need to learn it before you can complain about it. It is extremely obvious there are tons of people complaining already who have never played the game that things are unfair when there are ways around them IE Immunities.

3 Likes

Many of the complaints are from players lie myself that played D2/D2:Lod thousands of hours. Do you really think we need 3 seasons to know what things might benefit from being updated?

1 Like

Thousands of hours when? Did you play recently? Or have you been playing a mod and it’s base is D2? Cause most of the people asking for changes have not been playing D2 LOD as it stands currently. You are playing a mod with a couple thousand players. Not a game with 100k-10mil players. The changes often requested work when the numbers of players is limited but, do not scale well at all.

I also love how you chose to ignore my example in an attempt to make me look bad. As I stated there are people asking to remove immunities which should not happen there are ways to break them learn to play the game people.

1 Like

I played avidly for the first several years when D2 & D2:LoD came out. Afterwards, my play time was far more sporadic. D2:LoD was my favorite video game at that time. I always played on battlenet and never a mod.

I did not comment about immunities in my reply to you, because it was not relevant to my point.

1 Like

Play 1.14d the game is not the game you remember. I also know for a fact you did put in the thousands of hours because i remember from the forums us arguing ages ago about builds but, memory is a fickle thing and the game is very different from the 1.09 erra. Play the game as it sits now and you will see a lot of the reasons why i am saying what i am.

:thinking:
90% of the forum: “We Disagree”
Him: “haha guys totally just trollin you! gotcha!”
:roll_eyes:

Most people seem extremely happy with how the remaster turned out. Most people are surprised the new graphics look THIS incredible and are way beyond expectations. But at the same time, you can’t please everybody. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

For a long time all I’ve wanted was D2 with better graphics. Bots and hacks are not wanted, but at the same time (it’s been stated before), bnet is a different beast then what was with D2 back in the TCP days.
We’ll have to see how the multiplayer experience plays out first. And I always prefer no changes over changes. But we’ll see…I would very much like more ways to eliminate botters and hackers then less.

2 Likes

u my sir seem to understand d2 !

I need a Remakemaster!!!

We need both really, global classic lod and global d2r retail that can be folded in to 2021 with new systems, but this is blizzard, they have always underestimated how much money diablo universe can bring in. with the way d2r looks if they did bring a out a version that was updated with new system items buff and nerfs new exp ect it would be the most played ARPG about.