We got the DH set wrong. It plays well if you know how

If this set doesnt get spin2win it just the same as its with UE?!

Why would you do that…

I hope it gets a spin 2 win set after a fix or something. Or atelast buff the duration up by ALOT. So you can or can not spin2win…

2 Likes

One spin to win set is enough, we already seem to have 2 in the game.
Take this set back to the drawing table and try to make something more unique out of it. Traps set would be great, if one of the set features would make skills that are equiped act like traps. Probably to much to ask in this stage of the game.

2 Likes

The problem with every trap in this game for the DH; IT SUCKS, IT SUCKS, THE TRAPS ALL SUCK. The traps do nothing to slow or kill the enemies, nothing.

3 Likes

No freaking Z build for the DH or my butt will be playing the Z DH for seasons for the clan that I’m in. I hate and loathe playing a Z toon, but if I want paragons, I have to do it. The DH must have a RGK, and its closest set to that is the Shadows Mantle Impale, which is still not strong enough to do the job into the 140’s in HC. Currently playing the Z Monk, at least its better than playing a boring Z barb.

Sounds feasible, while we’re at it why don’t we just make all the things that don’t work have a 1001x modifier then they’ll work and be viable? Nothing wrong here, Ez pz :rofl:

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone here is actually using the new DH set…don’t use Strafe? what are you talking about? This set is a stop and go set. You build stacks with your primary and then you strafe around like a maniac stopping every now and then to refresh the momentum stacks. I’m literally having no issues using this set now that I have the hang of it. Defense and damage could likely use a buff, but it doesn’t need to be that drastic. The set is quite insane using bolas and constantly pulling groups together making them easier to beat down. The rate that strafe shoots the bolas is quite ridiculous and fun.

1 Like

Most of us have used it and the reason you stop is because the damage is much higher by just using the Primary Skills rather than letting Strafe shoot them. There are multiple inefficiencies if you’re relying on Strafe to deal all the damage. Procs, Area damage, piercing, single generator usage, etc. And it’s not hard to play, it’s just not fun to play it the most effective way, which you aren’t doing. So easy question would be, what GR are you doing and what is your paragon?

If you’re using Bolas and liking it, you should try Hungering Arrow, because Lightning and Cold are both significantly better. The problem still remains, it’s a clunky set that mimics UE and really has huge holes for enjoyable play style considering it’s designed with Strafe as a major contributor but stack maintenance is bland and annoying as is.

1 Like

I was saying the same thing. If you’re not supposed to use it then why is it included as a set bonus? The damage is lack luster and doesn’t put DH’s in a better position for group farm. The set says it fires your last used primary, but it’s not really a full primary with bonuses, just a weak copy that adds little to the damage.

1 Like

Everyone keeps complaining that the GoD6 or any variant of the new set is weak at the moment, aside from UE HA being stronger than UE MS. Or that the new set is the same as Nats Strafe or as you’re putting it the same as N6M4.

My 2 favorite variants of the build are GoD6 HA+Bolas and N6GoD4. But I’d give N6GoD4 a 1-up cause it’s alot tankier, especially if using sentry guardian turrets with the build. GoD6 HA+Bolas…Imo, any variant you use with HA I feel like you need Bolas, or a way to group up monsters cause the pierces feel like theres a lot of potential to melt trash.

But people should let them tweak the numbers and go from there. Everyone keeps assuming this is the final iteration of the potential builds and I don’t feel thats really a fair assessment of whatever it’s final form is going to be. Theres quite a few tweaks and bugs they need to work out, and go from there.

1 Like

The playstyle didn’t bother me, and I was using strafe to deal damage.

In short, I was building 10 stacks, Strafing for 2-3 secs, then pump out 3 more Generators, Strafe for 2-3 secs… etc…

This never dropped me below 7 stacks, and Strafe was throwing out heaps of Bolas during the channel. Way more than I can shoot manually.

The set needs work, for sure, but the playstyle wasn’t the worst thing about it… for me anyway.

I’m a DH main and knew better than to expect any specific type of set on this PTR. With that said I am VERY pleased with how this set operates but for all together different reasons than the OP. I was able to slap a build together and figure out the strafe play style intended within minutes. In fact, I had more fun playing the G.o.D. set than I can ever remember having with any other set in the last couple years. However, I do agree with most people who are saying the set is under-powered and squishy feeling. I also think that it would benefit greatly from a few small changes, complimenting it’s current mechanics.

I feel the (4) piece set bonus would be better served if it alternated between shooting multiple generators (with a cap, 2 or 3 max) while strafing and the attack speed could be increased in addition to the movement speed from momentum. The damage reduction should also be increased from 60% to 80-90% while strafing (and 5 seconds after). The (6) piece set bonus could then additionally buff all damage by 100% per generator used.

The item text would look something like this.

(2)Set:
Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a
Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds
at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary
skills deal 10% more damage per second of Momentum.

(4)Set:
Strafing enemies will automatically alternate
between your last used primary skill(s) if you
have Momentum, and also give XX% damage reduction
while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While
strafing, you move and attack faster per stack of
Momentum.

(6)Set:
Your primary skills deal 10,000% more damage and all
damage dealt is increased 100% per generator used
while Momentum is active.

I feel like this would both give the increased damage and boost the defense necessary for the set to be competitive. I also feel like using multiple generators will add a layer of complexity that is both fun to play and completely optional. Meaning, if someone just wanted a T16 farming or bounty build, they might only use one generator; while someone who is pushing the leader boards will want 2-3 generators.

Upon entering a rift you would shoot mobs with each of your 2-3 generators at least once and then go into a Strafe. Once the generators have been fired once, shooting any one of them would continue to keep up Momentum stacks. If Momentum ever fell off, you would need to re-fire each generator again to lock it back into Strafe.

I apologize for the lengthy description. Let me know what you think. =)

2 Likes

In a way, I’m going with Steve here. I almost exclusively play DH, so I have tried almost all combinations and then some with this new set. It is glassy as hell, but with only a primal Dawn and Crimson Set, and zero augments, I was able to get my damage up to 4mil sheet damage and toughness up to 60mil. Still no Shadow numbers, but workable. Hungering Arrow works the best for me, especially when it splits into 3 more arrows and deals 70% more damage. I still need to tweak a bit with the Elusive ring see how that works. The 6th set bonus though, really needs to be at least at the Shadow numbers or better, 75,000% or higher for it to be able to compare to new Shadow setup. That extra damage on the quiver is a killer. And there is nothing wrong with N6M4. As a matter of fact, Steve has just given me a new idea to try this with all the sets, see which make a better combo together.

1 Like

Deleted Content Due to Regrets

1 Like

Isn’t the major point of the set to fire your main attack while strafing?

Tarkus

The set is not that bad, you can see the developers intentions…
Just need to fix the momentum stack duration and have it stack on shots not hits…
Get all the proc’s in the set to actually proc as intended…
Oh yeah, and GIVE IT SOME DMG REDUCTION without having to loose all your DPS items/gear, just so that you’re not a glass cannon…!!!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

It is.
Ue set does it better. Nat strafe does it better. They made a mix of those 2 and still not great. Clunky to play and underperforming.

1 Like

Yeah, but with a few changes could be a good set for speed farming…!!!
Won’t be at the top of any DH leader boards but could be fun…

Well, it definitely is not a “Strafe” set. It’s a “Hungering Arrow” set. And that’s only because of the Hunter’s Wrath belt, with +30% attack speed and +200% damage to primary skills, and the redesigned Ninth Cirri Satchel that guarantees Hungering Arrow pierces and adds +600% damage. This with the six-piece bonus of +10,000% damage to Primary skills makes Hungering Arrow a devastating weapon.

But it’s not a “Strafe” set.

Notice that the actual Strafe skill hasn’t been modified at all. There’s no additional damage, and Strafe has always been worthless because it does no damage. I use it with the UE set complete with Yang’s Recurve and DML for leveling up gems to GR45 because Strafe is nothing more than a vehicle to deliver the damage of Vengeance. Additionally, the set itself does absolutely nothing to enhance the Damage or reduce the Resource Cost of Strafe. Aside from its lack of damage, the other main problem with Strafe has always been high resource consumption.

The devs do not seem to understand that attack speed is the enemy of Strafe, yet the only two Strafe-specific weapons, which also have not been modified, are the K’mar Tenclip and the Valla’s Bequest, both one hand crossbows that feature the highest weapon attack speed in the game.

So it’s not a “Strafe” set. It’s a “Primary Skill” set, but in order to be viable it does need to do about 10 times more damage if I’m going to be knocking down monsters at GR100 with Hungering Arrow or Grenade. Also, don’t give me another set that requires gimmicky gameplay. Like others have said, the N6M4, a hugely powerful build, already provides plenty of that.

In order to do a Strafe set properly, the devs will first need to increase the damage of the actual skill at least fivefold, and then incorporate both damage bonuses and resource cost reduction into the set bonuses. If “Momentum” is going to be a factor, then I should develop momentum by moving, not by standing still. Second, they will need to develop at least two new weapons that are two-hand weapons that have 1.00 APS. At least one of these weapons should have a massive bonus to critical hit damage, because the way Strafe works (much like Rapid Fire back in the old days) is to have a massive Critical Hit Chance and Damage, coupled with a low attack speed to reduce resource cost consumption.

I’ll play with the set some more, but at first blush I can see other builds that do the same thing much better, so I’m having a tough time finding a reason to use it.

4 Likes

And dh got nothing going for it be it meta or solo vs other classes.

I agree in theory but not sure how to implement that. I suppose hitting mobs with strafe could net you Momentum instead. I like that.

Very true. Strafe is not the source of damage, simply the form of mobility the developers chose to use. I think adding additional damage per primary skill used is a way of achieving the extra damage we all agree the set needs.