We got the DH set wrong. It plays well if you know how

Deleted Content Due to Regrets

What is the point then? Garbage set.

11 Likes

So you’re saying you want it to be the same set as unhallowed essence and hybrid build? I’m sure that’s what every DH player wanted, a brand new at that does the exactly same thing as 2 other sets and plays almost identical.

5 Likes

Spin to win is the most boring playstyle of all

The spin to win barb is strong (didnt try the monk), plays n farms fast but i really dont understand what enjoyment people get from playing that build

I havent tried the new dh set due to very negative feed back …
Though strafe needs to be just spin to win capable of gr75 for quick bounties and gem ups thats it we dont need another spin to win everything

Yep Steve…I hoped also we get a new set about Spike Trap!
But now…we get a play style we must take about Strafe. I think now the dev should bring up the buggy set into a coherent way of game play. I dont mean a one push button game play…but maybe a way to increase your damage about Strafe and then fire the increased damage over primary skills…Strafe is a nice skill to travel and postion yourself…but as a burst damage skill I dont see it!

I think with all the dissatisfaction about the set, we see a change in the bonuses about the set in the second part of the ptr…hopefully!

Good loot

1 Like

Supporting spike traps and caltrops are definitely one way to make the set worse. If they’re going to support those, they need to just throw it in marauders.

Tempest rush is more about timing and positioning, which is no different than general philosophy of D3, you just hold the attack button down instead of clicking it repeatedly…which you can actually just do anyway with most builds using ‘force to move’ button and holding right click down as main attack.

i want to just use strafe to finish up my t16 bounties.
i think it is not too much to ask.

2 Likes

Steve, I hate the play style of N6M4, so I’m not about to use the GoD set in the same manner. I play HC and the GoD set is God awful weak defensively and offensively, yet fun to play. My toon is always spamming the cheat death above GR85. This set can not and will never compete with the other sets of the other characters in this game unless something is done to correct it in a patch. I was so looking forward to a set that can become either the trash killer or RGK in a 4 player META, and this set ain’t it by far. Very disappointed. Will go back to the traditional UE set for T16 farming.

1 Like

Strafe momentum is the fun part of the set any other play style cane be trumped with the UE set .

2 Likes

I played it up to gr108 with a all lightning ability build at higher levels it’s a blast at lower levels the build doesn’t work I don’t know why . Thought maybe vengence was killing stuff before momentum could be achieved so I switched to bolas and it is obvious then that momentum stacks are not accumulating correctly.It can be modified for mobility to do t16 and it works fairly similar to the necro mages build very dominant solo it’s just frustrating that you have to do this and can’t utilize the momentum to move around like you do in higher solo rifts . It is fun to play and experiment with and I am see it being great for Zhunter which I believe really is it’s sole purpose.

But it could be really cool if they “just” replaced the strafe projectiles with the primaries, and then you need to get as buffed as possible for the 4 seconds of your CoE rotation then spam strafe. Makes Focus and restraint mandatory and if they fix the AD and Proc % it becomes viable for a lot of builds and might become a lot of fun but not just spin to win.

the point on a channeling skill on the set, IS CHANNEL THE SKILL, hope blizzard dont use it as movement skill

1 Like

I agree that the new DH Set feels underwhelming but would it improve if the set included a 6-Piece Bonus that increase Primary Attacks based on a stack that you can gain from channeling Strafe? It can be something like:

6-Piece Bonus

• Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage

• Gain a Gear Stack while channeling Strafe. Each Gear stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per Gear stack.

Obviously, the name can be improved. WDYT?

No point in using strafe? Then tell me, why the “fires primaries when strafing” even exist on the set then?..

8 Likes

Exactly, most had the first impression that they’d do everything while holding down the Strafe key. When I found out Strafe was bad for my damage output, I was confused.

When I adjusted my gameplay to directly fire my primary attack, I was disappointed in what I realized: GoD6 is a UE6 clone, only 58% weaker.

Even if they raise the numbers to exceed UE6, the game play needs something more.

They have all of the tools to make it excellent:

• Bolas pull. (Please make it a true pixel pull and stronger)
  • HA’s damage advantage in tight density.
  • SoJ for Mixed Element play. (Please make the ring itself stronger)

Let’s see what they come up with.

4 Likes

While I am fine with the the swapping style if that is the Devs intent, I am struggling to see how they make it differentiate from UE to solidly give GoD its own identity without doing something crazy to either set. Only thing I can think of at the top of my head is to change UE 6 piece to only buffing Multishot, Vengeance, Chakram, and Elemental Arrow (removing the All Generators buff).

Kridershot, Spines of Seething, and Augistine would be buffed accordingly. UE would primarily be Chakram/EA/Multishot builds while GoD would primarily be a Primary Skill builds.