WD still viable in s21?

Hi guys, I haven’t been playing since s13 or 14, and I saw some YouTube’s on mundunugu SB build and I was excited to play back, until I read all the nerfs and changes, I’m wondering if I should play another class like monk or necro in s21? I’m looking for an easy and fun class to play to build my interest back…

If you haven’t even played Mundu at all…do it.
The changes don’t apply to you by the sounds of it. Loss of 4-6 GR levels at the top end–and if you are just returning…

hi, thanks… thats some good news to me then… still wondering though, is the necro good and fun? i left before necro was introduced, and im tempted to try him… of course WD is my first choice :slight_smile:

All classes have their unique fun. If you haven’t tried a class yet, its always fun to discover them from the start of season to get familiar with their skills, gear, and build options.

You can always roll a class you are familiar with first (WD) to do the seasonal journey. Once you complete up to chapt4 and get the free set, you can create a speed build to farm mats and shards.

Then you create another character class, level it to 70, and use the mats, shards, and gear from the other character to build up and experience something new.

There have been so many changes since s14 that it should be a fun new experience. Necro is getting a new set that looks worth trying. WD SB build will still be fun to play, even with the nerf to pet damage. Check out the PTR testing thread outlining gear alternatives of your are worried.

all class can easily finish season journey and GR100-110
after that it is more about skill and commitment anyway

1 Like

All class can, but not all sets. Some sets are bleeping garbage… unless if there have been serious updates/changes in the two years I have been away…

A couple of years is a long time…
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/tier-list-solo-greater-rift-push-build-rankings

Witch Doctors received some amazing changes for Season 20, particularly with the new addition of the Mundunugu’s Regalia set. This set uses Spirit Barrage to deal massive AoE damage, and has proven to be the most powerful Witch Doctor build to date by far, potentially being used in the group meta for non-seasonal as a trash clearing build. This build did receive some substantial nerfs coming into Season 21 by reclassifying the phantasms to not be pets anymore, but this build was already so far ahead of every other Witch Doctor build that it should have no trouble retaining its spot as the top pushing build for Witch Doctors.

Prior to the nerfs, WD had managed to do solo GR150s with this.

… I’m going to stick with Jade if the difference at P8800 is only 6-8 grift levels… 150 vs 142 or so… I’m not dropping my preferred played style just yet for a minor difference at 10,000 paragons higher than my level…

:slight_smile:

Unless that has changed as well and Jade is now useless, I’m just going to continue to b*tch about spirit walk not being long enough or fast enough or low enough cool down. :slight_smile:

Good reply, btw, Meteor.