Waste set bonus

Do the dust devils proc rend as well? I’m wondering if there’s a reason for that part of the set bonus anymore.

1 Like

From what I understand, yes, and it’s only within a 9 yard radius.

1 Like

Whirlwind no longer plays any role (dmg-wise) in the new setup.

That’s not really what I’m asking lol.

No. Dust Devils do not apply Rend through the Ambo’s Pride Legendary power.

Edit: as per Rage’s video, apparently Dust Devils will proc Rend right next to you.

Which does technically make the Dust Devils bonus on the 6-piece of Wastes kind of useless if you go WhirlRend. But at the same time, you don’t have to use Rend in your setup. You can still go pure Whirlwind, which makes the Dust Devils very important if you do that.

1 Like

Ok, that’s good to know.

It would be awesome if they changed the bonus rune on the 6-piece to Blood Funnel as it would help both pure WW and Rend builds alike.

8 Likes

That would be AMAZING!

Bloodfunnel provides some of the best healing in the game, period.

3 Likes

Do the crits from dust devils work with Blood Funnel? that would make it helpful for survival.

Crits work i belive yes.i might be wrong but i think dustdevels proc obsidien which is good if they do. I do seem to get real fast co downs in density

This is correct.

This is not…

It’s a weird mechanic. As DH says, those DD’s will only proc Ambo-Rend if they are close to you.

Whirlwind works in a 9-yard radius of effect.

I have never seen a Dust Devil apply Rend.

You are most likely just seeing the WW tick applying Rend.

No, I tested this by WWing to spawn some DD’s, and watching them hit an enemy some distance away (no Rend), then WWing again to spawn more DDs, and chasing them to my target (not WWing), at which point the DDs do cause Rend on the enemy.

Give it a try, see for yourself.

1 Like

I have given it a try. Extensively. Which is why I determined only Whirlwind applies Rend through Ambo’s.

I’ve literally confirmed this happening 10 times in the last half hour. If it’s not happening for you, that’s very strange.

Let me record some video.

Regardless of the results I feel like this is the first documented case of Sanctuary storm chasing, I feel there is a Pokeman meme in there about catching them all but I don’t have the skills Pro has.

1 Like

Alright, here ya go:

QED

5 Likes

That’s a very . . . Interesting mechanic I would say. So just as ww damage increases dust devils it also grants proc effects, but only if it’s within the range that ww would hit if you used it.

I wonder, does the damage bonus work the same way for the tornadoes as well?

I’m a little confused about what you mean, Kindran.

DDs definitely get the Wastes 6 and Skull Grasp damage bonuses outside the 9 yard radius of WW.

This answers my question. As far as what I said before hand basically I just find that mechanic for the dust devils applying rend very strange and wonder if that’s actually intended