Wardrobe malfunction

I have a cookie cutter GOD & UE build. When changing from GOD to UE the skills do not change and remain the same as GOD. When changing from UE back to GOD the Deadman’s Legacy stays in the Off Hand instead of loading the Dawn or Fortress Ballista. Kinda annoying having to reset skills. No matter how many times I’ve saved the UE build it keeps doing the same thing.

It’s probably because you have crafted primals in two different slots on the two profiles.

The wardrobe swaps out items one-by-one in order very quickly, it actually doesn’t remove all the old items first and then puts all the new ones on.

This means that sometimes with certain unique-equipped items, there can be conflicts. This can include dual-wielding a 1-hander in a different hand, switching rings to a different side, or having a legendary gem in a different slot. It also now includes crafted primals, which you can only equip one at once.

If the new build tries to switch to a crafted primal in a slot earlier in the process before the crafted primal is taken off of the old build, it will fail to swap the new item in that slot.

Usually you can get around this by equipping the wardrobe profile twice in a row. The first one will miss an item because of unique-equipped collision, but the second time it will go through properly.

I wish that were the case. Only the GOD set has a Crafted Primal (Dawn). The off hand Deadman’s Legacy is Ancient. Any way it’s only a minor inconvenience compared to the skills not changing over and having to reset them every change. That’s a pain in the rear.

I’ve never seen it happen except in the scenario described by TinneOnnMuin. Can you post screen shots of your two builds? Does it get it right if you click the “equip” button a 2nd time?

I only have issue with upgraded Dawn which really wants to stay in my inventory. I can switch between 2 different GoD variants (T16 and speed) and Marauder without issues but as soon as I switch to dual wielding GoD variant and back I will have Dawn in my inventory when it should be in stash.

I guess it’s because the wardrobe works with items one by one.

So, if you currently have two 1H crossbows, and the wardrobe is about to equip a bow, which is 2H, it must unequip both your crossbows at the same time - the “main hand” weapon then “switches places” with the one you are about to equip and lands in the stash, while the off-hand weapon at this moment has nothing to be switched with, so it is put to your inventory. Then, when the wardrobe wants to equip a quiver, the off-hand is already empty, and there’s nothing to “switch places”, so the second 1H crossbow just stays in the inventory.

The easiest fix would be to make the wardrobe switch off-hand first, but what do I know.

:man_shrugging:t2:

You got me thinking. Both Characters shared two gems. I got a 2nd Trapped gem and put it in the other character. Saved it. Now it swaps correctly and the original gem will go along with the swap and the 2nd gem stays in the stash. You really can make and old dog learn new tricks. Thanks :slight_smile: