Wallpaper (Resurrected - Duriel: Lord of Pain)

deviantART - twitter

This has been a long time coming. I wanted to make a duriel wallpaper in the style of the others. But I had to find the art. That and Work & Life slowed things down.

I started working on this piece off and on for a couple of months. The last few weeks the piece started to come together and then a few days ago I finally got it where I wanted it.

The Artwork I found was by Crystel Land on Artstation. They also worked as blizzard for a time and worked on Resurrected.

I also tried to replicate the pentagram style art behind the other prime evils. I realized later they didn’t have it when I made the walls. But that’s ok.

I decided to take some photos of the bottom of the Box Art for the Hell’s Gifts back at Christmas 2021.

After some filters and effects the texture from the box itself made the pentagram art pop so much I had to tone it down some.

I am really happy with how it turned out. A lot of love and time went into this. I honestly thought I wasn’t going to get it to match the quality of the others. Then things just started to click.

Never give up on a piece. Sometimes you just need to stop, take a break and then come back later with fresh eyes.

Enjoy everyone and I’ll see you next wallpaper!

HK

Duriel Art by Crystel Land
Duriel & Diablo II Resurrected (C) Blizzard
Wallpaper arranged by me
Fiery Runes Resurrected by Me
with the Diablo 2 Resurrected Runes by Blizzard.

TLDR: Made wallpaper for Duriel, art by Crystel Land, talk about never giving up on a project & enjoy!