Vyr Set Dungeon possible without The Swami?

Possible to Master, that is. It’s the last Set Dungeon I still need to master with my Seasonal Wizard, in order to score that sweet, sweet Pennant - but it seems impossible at this time. I can tear through the two ‘objectives’ with ease, but I inevitably fail at the final one: Killing every last enemy on the HUGE, SPRAWLING, LABYRINTHINE MAP… which is filled with an absolutely RIDICULOUS number of tiny, scampering trash-mobs who scatter like autumn leaves before a hurricane when you tear into them. Just making a full circuit of the map before the time runs out is a challenge!

Of course, one look at my gear will tell you what the problem is - I don’t have The Swami, which means my DPS becomes absolute junk anytime Archon is on cooldown. Even with the most damage-focused build I dare field, it still takes several seconds to kill regular Fallen without the Archon-buff, and that just makes the whole thing take way too much time. Getting Swami on there, though, would require me to first FIND one, and also, ideally, the shoes for Vyr’s set, so that I don’t have to give up either of the two belt-powers I’m semi-reliant on. You get the idea. Could take a while!

Now, my setup there obviously isn’t optimized. It’s not my main, needless to say - that would be my Tal Rasha set. Heck, I had to leave the boots from it on simply because I didn’t have anything better! Question is, can anyone think of anything I could do to get that build to the point of being able to Master that dungeon WITHOUT having to wait for two more highly specific Legendary pieces to drop? I don’t need a super-awesome GR70 Vyr-Chantodo setup, after all - just enough to get that last mastery, then I can go back to devastating all in my path with Tal Rasha… :sunglasses:

You should be able to do it if you run Messerschmidt’s Reaver as your cube weapon. That’ll get you back into Archon instantly, so you don’t have to worry about it taking forever to get back in without Swami.

If you are insistent on doing it without the Swami, Messerschmidt’s is going to be the easiest way to go.

It really shouldn’t be, as long as you are getting back into Archon quickly. Just teleport from pack to pack while in Archon. And do it systematically, not willy-nilly. It’s a giant rectangle split into two sides. Do one side first, then the other. For each side, either circle around the outside then into the middle, or go up and down. Just some system to cover every spot without having to backtrack.

If you get back into Archon quickly, teleport smoothly, and explore the map systematically, it really shouldn’t take that long to clear the whole thing.

Hmmm… Messerschmidt’s, you say? I’m pretty sure I’ve got one of those stashed in my… well, stash. Hadn’t thought about it, actually, but does its ability actually trigger and help decrease Archon’s cooldown WHILE you are in Archon-form? Because if so, Vyr’s set just became viable to my mind. >_> If not, though, I don’t see it helping much, considering how hard it is to kill anything while OUT of Archon… well, I’m off to try it, anyway!

As for the map… yeah, it’s just a giant rectangle, but it’s a rectangle filled with little nooks and crannies, and the Fallen just love to hide inside the cells in ones and twos! It’s hard to ‘teleport smoothly’ from mob to mob when you keep having to pause in order to blast down the door of a cell just to kill a SINGLE pathetic goon… >.< Really, though, it’s that ‘get back into Archon quickly’ bit that’s the problem, and if Messerschmidt’s works as advertised, it shouldn’t be a problem anymore!

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Well, on my FIRST try, I was left with 1 survivor due to some annoying mook having run away and hidden in a corner somewhere, as usual, but on my second run with the Messerwhatever, I managed a clean sweep. Phew! Finally, I can put all these inferior armor-sets aside and once again glory in the wonderful might of Tal Rasha. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks a ton!