Very low cursor speed

Just reinstalled D3 to play the new season. My cursor speed on the mac is set at the fastest possible. D3 opens then the cursor starts moving very sluggish. Would be impossible to play. How to fix?

ok seems i fixed it. turn off d3 app in security preferences to disallow the app to control the computer. delete thread.

No need to delete! Thanks for taking the time to return and update us with your resolution! This may help someone else in the future!

I would actually be rather curious what mouse he was using and what software he was using to control said mouse. That makes a big difference when it comes to troubleshooting steps. This shouldn’t have been a required step with an Apple product as those work properly with its drivers, so it’s definitely a third party mouse, but which one and what software is what I want to know for future reference.

1 Like

Also experiencing this, and toggling the access in the System Prefs/Security tab for D3 has not had an effect. This is on macOS 10.13.6 (17G12034), the latest security update. I’m using a 2013 MBP with an MS Basic Optical Mouse. So far, I don’t see this problem in WoW.

EDIT: Did a little more poking around. The problem seems to be “true” fullscreen mode in D3. In Windowed mode or Fullscreen (Windowed), the cursor is fine. I’m guessing this doesn’t show up in WoW because there is no true Fullscreen mode in that game anymore. So… Workaround is to switch to Fullscreen (Windowed).

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like