Version 2.6.8.66666 systematic crashes

This version seems very unstable: it crashes on me 100% of the times, shortly after starting the second Greater Rift.

Again:

• I launch the game app from the Battle.net app
  • I start a game
  • I switch to Act II
  • I start a GR (level 85)
  • I finish it in about 5 minutes
  • I start a new GR (same level)
  • after a couple of mob packs, possible elite, the game either hard crashes, or hangs completely on me (beachballs) and then I have to kill it.
  • rinse and repeat

I am on a MacBook Pro 15" 2019 running macOS Catalina 10.15.3. 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB.

This makes the game frustrating, as I am losing a lot of time, gold pieces, and GR keystones.

1 Like

Wow, still glad I didn’t upgrade my MBPro 15"… I hope Blizzard has the manpower to fix the bugs you are experiencing. That leaves me to wonder, if Blizzard has committed any resources to developing a Mac version of Diablo IV,

Blizzard likely won’t get around whatever is causing these crashes so easily. It appears something in the AMD Polaris (4xx/5xx series) drivers isn’t playing nicely with Diablo 3 in Catalina. It’s fine in previous OSes, but not 10.15. Apple will need to work with AMD to rectify that situtaion. Of course, this assumes they care enough to do so. After seeing how long the Intel driver bug affected WoW (it’s still going after nearly three months!) I’m not holding out any hope for a speedy fix here.

1 Like

Same situation. I played a lot since the update but not now for a week or so. It keeps crashing and I have to hard reset. Just now, it happened twice in 5 minutes! Game in unplayable.

Im in Windows (Linux/Wine) not mac
It worked flawlessly until just last night.

If it helps, Im running the same version on Mac Catalina and it crashed frequently, but only if I start GRs. If run through getting cache’s then it runs ok but I can’t do GRs at all.

I see this as well. As soon as I resume the game it loads and then freezes my whole system.

It was working fine 24 hours ago.