Vengeful Wind in PoJ build question

I just picked up an almost primal Vengeful Wind except the sweeping wind secondary is really low. Does sweeping wind actually do much damage in the PoJ build? If it’s minimal, I’ll switch my other wep out but wasn’t sure how much damage it did compared to TR.

there is a reason why the top builds are using a Azurewrath and not the Vengeful Wind, below gr100 the Vengeful Wind works good but with that said …

Mostly using the VW for lower GR gem runs and farming - sounds like I’ll switch it out. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

SW is a 1.45x skill x 13 stacks x 9 from a max VW which is 169.65x weapon damage. TR is a 3.7x skill x 7 from Balance, x7 from perfect WKL and x9 from Cesar’s which is 1,631.7x weapon damage. TR is doing about 9.6x the damage that SW is doing. If you drop Captain Crimson and equip Kyoshiro’s Soul then TR is doing about 4.2x more damage than SW but everything is doing less damage from losing Captain Crimson bonus. Azurewrath, Utar’s Roar, Sunkeeper or Echoing Fury are the best 2nd weapon for PoJ builds. VW is absolutely fine for speed GR’s and Gem ups but not ideal for pushing.

1 Like

Adding to what everyone else said. Below gr100, VW is used for its POJ movement speed bonus associated with the 13 stacks, hence why it is mostly used for farming. Also there is a bug when using VW with TR Flurry, in that the higher movement speed causes the Flurry stackes to drop off frequently, making it extremely difficult to get the max power out of TR Flurry while pushing GR. You can read about it in other forum posts.

I got to laugh, I just posted a whole topic about this…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/fix-ancients-so-they-always-roll-better-than-non-ancients/10619/12

Thanks for all the answers - pretty much what I thought but wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something :blush: