Vault Treasure Room quest

Just finished the Vault treasure room quest. As it was a timed event, I didn’t stop to pick up loot and there was a significant amount due the gelatinous goblin spawn. After getting to the room I learned that you cannot go back so lost a lot of mats and items.

Not a bug. Also, where did you read that it was a timed event? It isn’t.

Maybe because of the close timer after the boss kill.

But it is possible to enter the floor again through the portal.

1 Like

He is talking about the Crumbling Vault event in the Stinging Winds in Act II which has a 3 minute timer. He is not talking about the Vault containing Greed.

There is no way to re-enter the main level after you complete the event, so you must decide to either stay and collect your loot, and let the timer run out, or complete it and lose any loot in the level.

Once you enter the Treasure Room, the main level is gone forever. Walking through the portal again skips the main level and takes you directly to the treasure room.

I am not sure why you think this is a bug. It was designed this way. You have to make a choice to either collect what you have seen so far in the main level, or abandon it for what might be in the treasure room. The event has always worked this way.

2 Likes

Just for the record: Even though you’re referring to something different (Greed’s Realm) the 60-second timer DOES NOT begin after you kill Greed. It begins after you open Greed’s Strongbox (the large Chest).

1 Like