Urshi leaves without everyone getting to upgrade gems

As shown in the video I linked you can get Urshi to leave the rift without everyone getting to upgrade their gems.

If you are 2 or more in a group and someone is in town, that person will not get to upgrade their gems if the player(s) inside the rift use all of their upgrade attempts before the player in town manages to enter the rift. It is even possible to close the rift as soon as the player(s) inside the rift has upgraded their gems.

This is not a bug.

If someone does not participate in the GR very much or spends a fair bit of time AFK, at the door, or in town, then the other players may close the GR before the other person upgrades their gems.

This was done to prevent someone going AFK, and preventing the rest of the party from closing the GR.

To prevent this, make sure the person who was AFK, at the door, or in town upgrades their gems first. That way Urshi will not leave before they have gotten their upgrades.

1 Like

I have never had this happen ever before. We always have some people that have more time to play and thus ends up boosting some of the people that dont have as much time to play and this have never happend to us before this season.

I would understand it if it happend to people that are tagged AFK, not when it is like this. She literally leaves while Im in the rift

I understand. I have seen this as well. I have spent a lot of time gearing other people by boosting them in GRs.

The more time a person spends AFK/not moving/not participating, the lower their timer goes. Meaning that for some players, it may take 30 minutes for them to get marked as AFK, and for other players, it may take 30 secs.

I have several accounts, and I have watched the counters go down on my other accounts over time when I use them to sit at the door and collect gear for me, while my main account’s times never goes down.

Its a pretty damn stupid mechanic if you ask me, Urshi should never leave as long as the rift is open. If someone is AFK the other people should just be able to close the rift, Urshi should still be there in case they want to wait for the rest to upgrade their gems.

This should definitely be changed.

1 Like

This is to prevent chronic leechers from holding up games, and it is a good thing.

Imagine running a 10 minute GR, and one party member takes a phone call, and comes back 30 minutes later.

If this were not in place, you would either have to wait 30 minutes not knowing if they were even coming back, or abandon the game and lose all the XP from the close.

If all the party members are NOT AFK, then you just need to make sure the AFK member upgrades their gems first.

No one loses.

3 Likes

As I said, the mechanic to close the rift could definitely stay but not the mechanic that causes Urshi to leave. It should be up to the players to decide if they want to wait for the people in town or not. If they dont they could just close the rift.

1 Like

She will not leave if the AFK member upgrades their gems first.

I am not seeing where the inconvenience is. Just wait for them to upgrade their gems first. As long as they start to upgrade their gems, she will not leave.

If it were changed, you would still not be able to close until they were finished anyway, so it does not take any extra time.

Where is the problem for you? Also, this solves a very serious problem for a lot of people.

At this point it is just a matter of whether it could be better or not. It could.

But it is not a bug.

I feel like you are missing my point, why do the people in the rift need to stand still and do nothing and wait for the people in town. Why should they not be able to just roll their gems and go to town and fix with leggos and blood shards while the others go in and roll their gems.

Urshi should never leave as long as there are players with unrolled gems, period.

The problem you are talking about is easily solvable by having the rift being closable by talking to Orek. Just let Urshi stay until the rift is closed. Its an easy solution for both issues.

I agree with your points completely, but they did not do it this way.

It would be better if it were programmed that way, but it is not a bug, and they do not take game advice from this forum.

Please see: How to Write a Good Bug Report

Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

Edit: Thanks for moving this thread. I think you are the first person I have ever seen to have actually moved a thread from the Bug Report Forum to the General Discussion Forums!

1 Like

Edit: Thanks for moving this thread. I think you are the first person I have ever seen to have actually moved a thread from the Bug Report Forum to the General Discussion Forums!

Yee, no worries. If it aint a bug its no use for it in that category :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe not have players doing nothing so they aren’t marked as AFK.

Everyone can have to tend to an emergency.
Someone knocks at the door.
Baby needs a diaper change.
Phone call.
Someone gets hurt.
Dinner starts to burn, etc.

1 Like

Maybe not have players doing nothing so they aren’t marked as AFK.

You dont get marked AFK in 2 minutes, in the end of the clip Im literally running in circles in town while the Rift Guardian spawns in

On my other 2 accounts, they get marked as AFK in about 15 secs, because of how I have used them in the past to farm legs for other classes.

Wow, something to limit abuse a smidgen. Good on the game that it might smack a leech.