Upgrade rare not working in Kanai's Cube

Dear Support,
I am trying to upgrade a yellow (rare) item in Kanai’s Cube. My WD character is currently at level 70 playing within the Season 21 game. Regardless of what rare item I place in the cube (all of the required ingredients are present) when I press the button for transformation I receive the message “transformation failed.” This is frustrating because I created the WD character in order to obtain the swampland wader pants which I need for my necro, also a Season 21 character.

You are doing something wrong. The rare item has to be level 70. Post a video or even a screenshot showing the items you put in the cube and the level of the rare item you are trying to upgrade.

4 Likes

Also, make sure your can afford it. (You have enough Mats).

Hope of Cain
Upgrade Rare Item
Rare Level 70 item 1
Death’s Breath 25
Reusable Parts 50
Arcane Dust 50
Veiled Crystal 50
2 Likes

I am assuming that your necro is lvl 70. Witch doctor doesn’t need to be lvl 70, he can be lvl 1. However the item you put inside the cube has to be lvl 70. Haedrig - the artisan that crafts items - should be at max lvl to be able to craft lvl 70 items. Craft a bunch of lvl 70 rare pants and use the 3rd recipe and upgrade them to legendaries. The result will be lvl70 legendary, ancient or primal (if you have unlocked primals in the season) or set pants and chances are that it will be swampland pants among those items. You don’t need to do anything from that point with the Witch doctor. Put them in your stash and start reforging them with your necromancer as many times as you need to get them ancient with good rolls.