[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

I don’t work for Blizzard and don’t represent them. MVPs are other players who have been around a lot and tend to have a fair bit of info about the Support features, Tech issues, game setup/guide, general policies, resources, etc.

I am not uncomfy. I simply don’t know the answer. I don’t play Wizard and am not familiar with the build in question or what people have been doing with it.

The general rule is that if a macro automates gameplay then, if detected, it would be grounds for account penalties.

An example of something that could be penalized is setting up a macro to chain together keypress 1, 2, 3, etc. that you can’t normally do with in-game controls.

One keypress = one in-game action per game client is the rule of thumb.

My statement goes for every green & blue posts in these forums.
Feel targeted as you like to butter up for the blue ones.

I know what a macro are, no need to explain it to me.

3 Likes

So you don’t really want an answer about Macros then.

:salt::salt::popcorn::popcorn:

The rule existed during the entire time. Lack of enforcement of the rule does not mean the rule does not exist or that it will never be enforced.

It is the ethical man who does right when faced with a temptation to do wrong that has no enforcement consequences.

This is 100% true. I have never used it, nor any other software, in conjunction with D3.

There is a reason they usually post warnings when they make major enforcement changes. We have them near speed zones or on the overhead highway boards - to remind folks things will be enforced that maybe were not before.

While nobody HAS to get a warning, and this thread alone can be considered one, Phatty has a point.

Some of the THUD warnings have been obscure, but we have been receiving warnings. For example, I try to post something like this every time the this topic comes up to make sure forum members realize that the developers have not been silent on this issue.

1 Like

Agree, a lot have been said.
But words and actions are two completely different things.

And if actions were taken, the cheaters would not have increased in numbers.
Which they have, rapidly.

2 things:

First point is pretty obvious, IMO. The reason why Blizzard is more active is because D4 has been announced and they are trying to rebuild broken bridges. It isn’t all that different from when D3 was announced (aside from broken bridges). When D3 became obvious, D2 received attention after many years. Synergy, removal of Iron Maiden and all. The renewed interest in communicating with the Diablo community is the same — it’s because a new Diablo product is in the horizon. Btw, there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying.

Second point is pretty obvious to me. The reason why “advertising” an exploit is worse than botting… is as follow:

When you bot, you risk getting yourself banned, and the few others you may influence into botting as well. When you advertise exploits, you encourage others to do it. You encourage others to get banned. Your actions have way more consequences.

To use a rather distasteful example, someone who advertise exploits is similar to someone selling drugs to kids. They push others down the wrong path. People who stream exploits are like that — they push others to try it, and in turn, may get others in their circle to try it — and many of them may end up banned for cheating. While everyone is responsible for their own actions, the “pusher” “pushed” many people down the wrong path.

To be short: Yes, a perma ban is well warranted. People who push exploits into others need to be purged.

2 Likes

I’ve never used a botting program, THUD or any other cheat feature. Give me a proper reason not to flag your for insulting me. What makes you think I’m botting or hiding something?

I want cheaters banned, temporary or permanently. Doesn’t matter how they cheat, they all need to be punished.

3 Likes

I get that the rule existed for a long time.

But it is pretty much the standard expectation in most if not all the top clans that push at leaderboards at the end game.

It has been adopted because it has not been enforced and appeared to be a “safe” option.

It’s easy to say that they need to have some form of punishment.

Warning, Temp ban up to 1-3 months, roll back, or permanent ban.

I do not favor a permanent ban.

Temp ban & delete LB: exploiter, THUD
Perma ban & delete LB: botter

Thete is a barb who soloed 150 again in seasons. I do not know anything about the soecufics if the clear.

So, in the end, you can bot, use thud or/and any kind of script, helper, macro or cheat you can find on the net, but you get banned for a known bug existing from ptr. Ahhahahhahahahha

8 Likes

maybe time to help players from d2 ?

top100 ladder = 90% bots

1 Like

This leads to people keeping 10K paragons… They just stop bottling and they know exactly when to stop. Banwaves are crap. And I don’t know any other company doing anti cheat like that.

I simply find your way of using one kinda famous streamer as a martyr: The Eggman as both none clever and not needed. So brute force should be for more severe actions and not when using the same exploit as 1000s have used without penalty. There have been so much going on which we have heard from streams and other media, which you should clearly have be taken action against, but what you failed to do. The guy tried to show you: Blizzard the Exploit, possibly in the wrong way of doing it, but still as an effort to try to tell you that there is a problem and you haven’t done anything yet to show you was about to take actions, by such harsh action you have arisen peoples rage and not done any good for the game community in a whole. You could have done so much less severe actions to the guy, while you have taken away his bread and butter this way, because he earned through his Blizz channel what gave him butter on his bread. If you say think before your gamers act. I would just remind you to do the same.

Regards Gnaupot

1 Like

I just watched this clear and he does do it legit, however, ONLY because unlike what the patch notes say, the Angels can still kill the RG. Which is exactly what happened. I bet he couldn’t have killed the RG solo without them. He could barely kill the trash that triggered the cascading effects he set up.

So Blizzard if you are watching, this is an easy fix and you don’t have to destroy the season for everyone. Just nerf the Angels.

It didn’t raise my rage one little bit. It did some good for the game community, one less cheater on the leaderboards.

IMPARTIALLY:

1. For a company to be taken seriously they have to walk their talk and they walked it.
  2. ‘Perhaps’ (used VERY loosely) singling out someone that many seem to like is not well-liked. I do not see anyone else that cheated putting their hands up to be completely banned and admitting they cheated? It does strike the point home that cheating will no longer be tolerated.
  3. It has already been suggested that they are looking through the prior solo GR’s systematically and seeing who else is involved and will take action. Anyone that thinks they cannot, good luck with that.

If you cheated and think that group assistance in SOLO mode is still solo and not cheating, maybe buy a dictionary.

1 Like
  1. They need to walk it consistently.
  2. They have done similar things but because they don’t do #1, it’s never reinforced and the effect wears off pretty quickly.