Unpopular opinion: I liked playing the AH and trading

I think people are missing the point…I heard some people made quite a killing on selling items on AH, now you have to make videos on the game to do that :yum:

And you never had any and can’t get any now, either.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: D3 loot system is fine. (except for would-be traders)
I remember a time when I refused to even look at build guides, because I wouldn’t find the gear anyway in a lifetime. Now you can try out the basics quickly and see if the playstyle fits you at all.
And THEN it is still a loong way to get good rolls on all items.

No more time wasted on AH, no more hacked accounts to steal gear comes as a bonus.

2 Likes

I heard there is a vanilla D3 server somewhere with auction house and everything, maybe you should try that.

Yes you will. Just like everyone who complained about Immortal (myself included) is going to download it.

I was thinking about re-downloading a couple days ago and the first stream I turned on the guy had like 15 items that dropped like 20 legendaries. I dont understand how there is any challenge. I also heard that when you hit max level you get a full set for free? Not sure if that’s true or not but that would completely ruin the point of the game (at least the reason I play it)

If this is real do you have any leads? couldnt find anything on google.

Haha! Yes, sure. Don’t I have a phone?

Pathetic.

Because you don’t simply need legendaries, you need the right ones rolled with the right affixes.

Diablo II trade and loot drop was horrific. High runes were so rare that I seriously doubt that even 5% of the enigmas made were from completely legitimate finds. The d2 drop rate and trade system made botting and buying items online epidemic. Why spend 100s of hours on boring magic find runs to gear up for the end game of PvP when $20-50 on eBay could get you set for multiple builds to be put together? And since PvP was the endgame anyways and 95% of the high runes or v1.08 legacy items were duped or botted somewhere down the line nobody was playing legit anyways (knowingly or not) unless they are completely SSF - which wasn’t a thing.

I think the trade system and loot system work well in D3 for what it is. Legs are super common but the rolls on them are disparate enough to make or break a build and to keep the loot grind up if you really want to min/max the build. Trading items isn’t common but if you’re running groups or playing with friends most people will give you the stuff they don’t need if you ask them to keep an eye out for it. Rather have that than trade botters.

Ideally D4 will allow low to mid tier item trading to be done but the real juicy items should be account bound. You can have an economy but in the end keeping the d4 equivalent of perfectly rolled ancients or primals account bound will negate the necessity to bot or buy items out of the game.

I think Blizzard could bring trading back in the next Diablo, with a trade matchmaking system. See my thread for more details.

It’s essentially anonymous trading, and illegal sites have no way of operating since there is no direct trade. But still allows players to haggle with one another for items they want to buy/sell.

1 Like

I can tell you with 100% certainly that I am not going to download Immortal. Ever.

Just because you’re gonna go back on your stance doesn’t mean the rest of us are.

How was it any better with the RMAH and credit card warriors buying their gear?

It’s part of the Seasonal Journey. Getting 1 of your class sets doesn’t equate to getting very far, though.

The only ones who will download and play Diablo Immortal will be the people who are interested in trying it out, which will not include myself as I have no interest in playing it.

I won’t be downloading it at all. Blizz has you as their white knight trying to get us to say okay Blizz we will be willing to abandon our chosen platform for playing games. You can make any game on any platform and we will play it. This is what you are thinking and trying to get us to agree.

Do you know what the majority will tell you. Hell the you know what no. We are not gonna all of a sudden change our preferred platform for playing games just because Blizz wants us to. They are catering to mobile players with D:I which are Chinese players. Fine for them if that is what they want to do.

I repeat for emphasis that we will not be abandoning our chosen platform to play games.

My tablet and phone will be used for tablet and phone. A will not be playing games on them.

Look what you don’t understand is that Blizz has made their game where they have to give us the legendaries and sets. When you have it where gear makes the build you have to give it to the people within a reasonable amount of time. If it took a whole 3 months or more just to find all of the pieces of gear to at least be able to play the build that you want in the low to medium tier rifts would be way too long.

Also what is challenging about grinding for gear. There is no challenge in that. You game play isn’t gonna change any. The monsters are not gonna change any either.

The only illegal servers that are out there are ones that only have the characters and the world of Sanctuary. They are void of NPCs, skills, gear, monsters, other loot, etc… At least that was the last time I heard about any pirated server.

I’m not downloading it or playing it. I have enough self-control to do so.

Just google “D3 Reflection”.

poor guys just crying , u can play your way. why so jealous ppls pay to win .
d3 launch with incomplete game . AH stop and d3 instant dead with all kids in the game crying botters in high ranking LB.

There is no similarity between the AH and d2jsp or time shops.

Please only speak of things you have actually experienced or one tends to look foolish

Another unpopular opinion, I’d like Diablo 4 to be first person point of view! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it ain’t gonna happen anyway… But someone suggested I checked out Dark Messiah.
Might check it out and play it when I am done with Borderlands 3! :smiley:

1 Like

Well I certainly respect your opinion, I for one hope that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

That’s ok, I am used to it…
I have to say though, that Amara in Borderlands 3 gave me enough infusion of first person point of view space magic that I am now satiated! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly though… Gearing is a lot simpler in Bl3

1 Like

Blizzcon will literally burn down 100%

1 Like

Yep turn Diablo into Doom or Quake shooting enemies with your spells, that would be hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes