Unintended consequences

So… to get your point straight, the people that want ploot, wouldnt be excluded, because they would join the FFA games runners are doing? Where is the point of adding ploot then?
And its not me “believing” others cannot play without being carried, thats just how the structure is in literally every game arpg/mmo. There are the 1% that play way more and better(not necessarily better) and have superior gear, and then theres the 99%, the casuals, with limited time and limited character power.

To reference my few last sentences to something very recent, i dont know if you been playing PoE or following the outrage, but there is alot of people crying how they cant progress beyond white or yellow maps and how there is this “1%er” group that dominates everything.

it brings community and more people playing together in groups atm people basically loot grind solo it is the #1 excuse why personal loot isn’t needed according to many.

I think the fortune telling you are doing here is great work but as with any psychic reading complete and utter BS. No1 will be stuck in NM people manage to run the entire game solo some how so why would anyone not be able to go to hell.

Im sure you know the difference in loot accumulation and experience when you compare 8xlvl 60s with random builds and a CS-run with lvl 95 hammerdin with hoto cta enigma etc etc.
Sure they can “run” hell. How many do you think would opt getting lvl 80 in 1 hour instead of grinding through hell acts for days though :smiley:

being carried is not how those games are structured at all, they design them and put very heavy emphasis on balancing them so everyone can do the content. Yes people do provide carries and people do take advantage of that but it is not a required aspect of the game.

They can play FFA or ploot. Depending on what they want to do.
They can play ploot with plooters or FFA with FFAlers. Depending on what they want in the current situation.
You do not seem to grasp the concept of choice.

So you are saying that now because 1% of the players is already better and stronger and is already carrying the 99% of the players for 20 years, they would suddenly stop doing it? Maybe there will be another 1% of the players who are just slightly less powerful and slightly less good that pick up their torch and continue the runs.

Nope, i am not aware about this.
If you have a good link to read up on it, please provide it.

so play on ffa get 80 in 1 hour and then switch to personal loot to enjoy the game after.

1 Like

Switch to personal loot, and go solo mfing, because its the most effective way to accumulate gear* or, go exp more, but why would you exp in ploot lobby for slow loot accumultion and exp when you can get the same thing done 10x faster with a carry?

So my question here is, at which point exactly does ploot really step-in? When is it going to make any noticable difference for anyone.

I would need to link 100’s of links, just go check poe reddit or baeclast or zizaran q&a with chris wilson on youtube.

The notable difference is when you play with likeminded (active, good) players who care about a good and fast run that is carried on 8 shoulders. But in addition to having all these aspects all these players want to have their loot objectively split between them. They do not want to chase after every item text, but concentrate on the game and enjoy the loot in all its glory: on the ground. like a boss.

One would have sufficed.

3:30 hour podcast? Seriously? I wont watch that debate without a timestamp, sorry.

Well, it could work, i doubt it, but it could. Humans are greedy and ambitious though thats a fact, when they feel they are doing more than someone else and they feel they deserve more, they gonna try to get more. What i say with this, i really dont think these runs with 8 randoms working equally together and having objectively shared loot would be a reality. When that happens its propably already some sort of friendship between you guys and at that point you might aswell run a private FFA game and share the items equally (which you would propably be doing already in the ploot games anyways, like can i have that 1 pul worth item my build really needs it and your pal says “sure could you tell me if you find anything for my build”)
That being said, i guess ploot can have the benefit of binding people together, like a bridge or temporary state, but that is really only benefit i can see in it. And even that benefit is questionable because nothing stops you from making friends in ffa games/quest playthroughs.

Then you can just have my word for it, idc :stuck_out_tongue: Evidence has been presented and its there for anyone to check if they doubt me.

And ploot would be a great way to not play with people who think that way.
The extra value gained from this alone is worth tenfold.

It allows you to connect quickly with likeminded people.
I am not sure how much chat you see in public runs at the moment. But i dont believe it is alot. Nobody wants to talk to a game that is filled to the brim with bots.
Ploot would be a place for real players to play together. No jealous loot grabbing, no “i carry you, you owe me” discussions. No afk botters in the back ground (cause FFA games are faster with all the competitive “carries”).

It would even have the benefit for the FFA gamers that they will no longer have “noobs” in their games who only “leech” and do not carry their won weight. (even though what they believe might not even be true)

Also i do not believe that the current carry-leech-bot symiosis is a healthy one. It is far more rewarding to carry yourself with other people who are also playing their characters to the best of their ability.
All these FFA pub runs have made people become lazy and think that is the only way to play the game.

Yes these are points i kind of agree with and i acknowledge them. But i think if you believe that 99% of people would not think that way its gonna be harsh to realize they do, sure they can “use you” for a set amount of time before they move on because they got what they need. Ploot with 8 randoms is kind of dream scenario, dont know if it will ever be true, PoE has proven it wont, everyone plays solo there aswell (except couple thigh friend groups) even though the game has ploot option and increased quantity per party member. And if these are the only real benefits we can gather out of this, is it really worth the development time, or should they instead make the game more enjoyable/less buggy for EVERYONE, including console lobbies etc.

Also to correct, the carries like the “noobs” for better exp rates, its the reason the games have been public thus far. Everyone benefits in terms of better exp rates.

1 Like

except for the fact that most people who want to opt into personal loot spend most of their time in private games to avoid the current mentality that the ffa loot system seems to bring out in people.

Don’t get me wrong i have met nice people in d2 it’s just that atm i spend the vast majority of time in private games to avoid the loot environment i consider to be quite toxic.

is it worth it to build a more inclusive game even if it’s not the most used feature? I think so personally.

I think that they should not be doing this instead of anything else i think they should be doing it on top of everything else.

Also the amount of console players is likely lower than the amount of people who would use Personal loot. Consoles were never a part of diablo 2, yes some people will play on them and i likely will too but my primary method, and i would say at least anecdotally based on beta test many if not most of the people playing on console, will be playing on PC.

1 Like

While it could be true that consoles might not be big (public d3 sales prove otherwise though, and i also think they would not add the game to console if they didnt expect great increase in sales, considering they had to make ancient game thats never been on console work on consoles) its still debatable how much of a difference ploot would make. Im only citing PoE and it has proven its pretty much a dead feature, even with INCREASED QUANTITY per party member.

luckily it was an ancient game and the consoles they have so far proved they can make it on are X86 based pcs basically, i mean back when d2 game out consoles used weird chips and technologies, ps4/5 xbox1/sx and the like use AMD APUs so it’s basically the same exact thing in a pc already.

As for the switch we don’t know if it will actually make launch but the old game can be emulated on smartphones already so they would just need to update the new graphics layer to work with a low powered arm chip. And luckily for them the graphics portion of the arm chip is an nvidia maxwell gpu.

its still debatable how much of a difference ploot would make. Im only citing PoE and it has proven its pretty much a dead feature, even with INCREASED QUANTITY per party member.

D2 also has increased quantity or at least effectively that, it lowers 0 chance and ups the rarity of loot, per party member and is based on a different loot system than poe with entirely different balance around how items are used.

To balance based off another game in the same genre is not a bad idea but you also have to recognize how different the games are. I love d2 but i could never get into PoE no matter how hard i tried.

The quants are different though in d2 and PoE, if you run pit p8 on D2, focusing champs/elites, droprates dont change, its only trash that gets boost with less no item rolls. Read as poe quant is way stronger (it stacks and multiplies). And even that is not enough for people to go for the random full party ploot gameplay.

yeah but obviously doing group runs the trash is more important than the bosses again it’s about the quantity of mobs not the quality of a few mobs in groups.