Unhallowed Essence - do I still have this right?

Apologies if my way of showing the information on my character isn’t the proper way. I don’t post here much.

I haven’t played seriously in 2-3 years, is this still the proper skill/gear setup for Unhallowed Essence?

SKILLS

Vault - Tumble
Vengeance - Seethe
Companion - Wolf
Preparation - Invigoration

Evasive Fire - Hardened
Multishot - Arsenal

PASSIVES

Thrill of the Hunt
Cull the Weak
Steady Aim
Ballistics
Awareness (Hellfire Amulet) (I play hardcore)

GEAR

Unhallowed Essence (6)
Focus/Restraint
Hellfire Amulet
The Witching Hour
Wraps of Clarity
Yang’s Recurve
Dead Man’s Legacy

GEMS

Zei’s Stone of Vengeance
Bane of the Trapped
Esoteric Alteration (flex slot I guess; I roll with this)

CUBE

Dawn
Visage of Gunes
Convention of Elements

https://d3.maxroll.gg/guides/ue-multishot-demon-hunter-guide

Sometimes, putting Elusive Ring works too. I guess depends on what you need.

2 Likes

RoRG + Captain Crimson’s (belt + pants/boots) is the way to go now. Captain Crimson’s set was updated, it now gives you 20% CDR, 20% RCR, and gives you a damage bonus equal to your CDR and damage reduction equal to your RCR. So you get a nice chunk of damage from CDR and then a HUGE amount of damage reduction from RCR (includes the RCR from Yang’s). Captain Crimson is the way to go now.

3 Likes

A link to your DH’s profile would have saved you a lot of typing. :smile:

Agreed, Captain Crimson’s Trimmings is the preferred setup. I go with Belt and Boots because the pants don’t always roll with two sockets and there’s no special property only found on the pants.

Since your hardcore, you may also want to consider going with Ancestors’ Grace as the amulet and using the Awareness passive instead of Steady Aim. For rings, you would go with Elusive Ring and Convention of Elements. In the cube, you would use Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot. Also, on your follower, you can have a cheat death skill as well. (Just make sure they stay alive long enough to provide that passive.)

That sure is handy :smiley: