Unfair Oversight? Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac

Here’s what I don’t understand. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or just your typical developer oversight, but Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac doesn’t proc like it should with corpses. Corpses are a legitimate and viable resource for necromancers, but when you blow up a corpse with Corpse Explosion or Corpse Lance which in fact CONSUMES that resource, it doesn’t proc with the ring’s ability. Does anybody else find that strange or unfair? Who else thinks that they should fix that in an update?

Demon Hunters have two resources, and can keep Vengeance up almost permanently, as well as Barbarians being able to keep up Wrath of the Berserker using a whirlwind build and their resource to reduce the cooldown. Consuming corpses as a necromancer is still using a resource and it’s only fair that doing so should proc Zodiac’s ability. Why doesn’t it?

1 Like

Not a bug. corpses are not a resource. The resource for Necros is Essence.

2 Likes

Because it isn’t a resource, if only there was some sort of game guide with this info… o wait there is one on the D3 page literally called resources if you look carefully corpses are not on the list only essence, would love to provide the link but I can’t put links on the forum, would be awesome if someone else did.

Corpse Explosion and Corpse Lance ARE NOT resource-spending attacks. They DO NOT cost Essence.

This is the Bug Report Forum. Please post suggestions in the General Discussion Forum.

Please read:

1 Like