Underwhelming final 2.6.8 Patchnotes

Everyone wanted those 3 new sets to shine as its supposedly their time and season to shine… am I blind guys? Cuz I dont see any of them shine at all…

Last time I saw WD been in meta 4p was with a build that been made by players which is lon spirit barage as it was a succeer to firebats set where it was more powerful and less laggy. That was season 11 if I’m not mistaken…

Hydra Wizard was a set that many was hoping to become a reality, well we got the set but our joy of having it soon been turned off with the hard nerf.

H90 set the first melee build that utilize skill that were abandoned and only we tend to use in vanilla in the old days which is frenzy … everyone was excited and yet it seems the excitement we got in ptr and the potential we saw in this set has reached to a dead end.

I’m not complaining, I just want to know the reason behind making sets then make us test it and then made us get attached to in ptr then decide to tweaks the numbers and let the sets does not have the chance to be capable of doing what other sets does…

Sometimes I feel the ones who are making challenge rifts build are the ones who are doing the final touches on the new sets … I cant understand…

5 Likes

100% agree with all of you this is just disappointed and i don’t really understand blizzard decision.

Several thing i don’t understand.

• 2 weeks PTR : useless with only 1 hotfix who come after several day when all major bug was found day 1
  • No communication : PTR was full silence we get 0 info same after several days without any blue post. You wasn’t suppose to have better communication with us or you don’t remember what you said in the past ???
  • New Set : I don’t understand the direction you take with that. For me and i think a lot of player getting new set would say they are ‘playable’ and on the top tier list in this case that make change for season but in the reallity Barb is so low compare to WW when we could get a new gameplay for solo and for group ( RGK ).
    For Wizz actually Set is so under ( i agree you wanted to nerf LoN but when the Set lose 15 tier with legendary nerf and win 1 tier from 6P … i have no words ) Wizz could be a good alternative for solo / speed farm trash killer or RGK but no you fail on this.
    WD why you make this drastic change without any test in back i’m not a WD expert but this is a major change NS gonna be a PTR live.
    -Season theme : We make a lot lot lot lot feedback about this theme who seem great on the paper but who is just trash in-game only one classe would benefit from it at 100% it’s rat run because they would play full weapon multiplier when ALL other classe have already all their item lock and can’t change it because they don’t have another good alternative ( excuse me but playing 4 amulet i don’t call that getting excited season ) but we don’t know why necro got 4 weapon with huge multiplier so yeah you should rename the season theme on S20 Necromancer kanai cube theme …

I have played every season but if nothing is change since 13 march this is over for me i don’t want to play WW again , i don’t want to play Rat run AGAIN after 3 years of this stupid meta and i don’t want to play BAZOOKA.
It’s sad but for a lot of player like me who play diablo 3 then go on POE for this season their is no Big deal when they start the same day if diablo is trash a lot of player would play POE.

You have 2 weeks for take decision and please make good decision for the love of god.

15 Likes

Amen to this. This updated patch creates less build diversity and encourages people to just play necromancer.
We could have never seen this coming but even the WD lags should be WORSE again now. A potential buff to lags essentially

5 Likes

Patch hasn’t dropped yet. It’s not too late for them to give us the really, really and truly Final Patch notes based on current feedback.
Probably wishful thinking, though.

2 Likes

Been 7 hours on the patch notes release and no words from the game, I have a feeling some one hit publish button then run…

We still have around 2 weeks, I hope they consider another review for the patch notes before it goes live, cuz I doubt they will let the season start without replying to some players concerns and go through some of our feedback hopefully.

By the time this goes live I expect Irvine to look like a ghost town.

2 Likes

There was a distinctive 2 META path on PTR S20. Necro lovers can go full necro and non necro lovers can go the WD path. Now its gone. Shame for Blizzard’s incompetency as always. We accepted 50% of PTR time were lost due to unexpected double dip bug on channeling items. We can not accept big performance change going live untested AGAIN. The last saw stutter stepping AoV HF dominated unexpected / HF was not even requested by community. The request was FoH.

Lets hope this is the case. Revert the 1/2 tick 2x damage change as per PTR patch and balance WD AROUND it.

Honestly, as broken as Wolcen currently is, it shows more potential where this franchise is heading. I am not totally convinced D4 is promising even after recent blog update.

EDIT: Quote from one friend:

Blizzard had the balls to buff WD on PTR but chicken out before live

5 Likes

rats should absolutely not be nerfed, kthx. Necro is weak enough as it is. BUFF OTHER SPEED OPTIONS INSTEAD!!!

1 Like

It needs a mechanic overhaul to be honest.

• Rathma 2-set is absolutely useless.
  • They need to nerf LotD and Simulacrum or change the 2 abilities to not work with pets
  • They need to then buff pet damage overall by A LOT to counteract LotD
  • They need to double duration of Mages
  • Golem pants need to give 80% DR
1 Like

Yeah, PTR means, “Pretend To Respect” player feedback.

Who knows what these idiots are thinking. I think that anyone working on a 7-year-old game would want to make it stupid fun for anyone playing it, and subscribe wholeheartedly to Jay Wilson’s original character design philosophy, “There is no such thing as ‘too much power.’”

5 Likes

Necro is only weak in solo, but incredibly strong in group play. If anything the other solo builds for necro should be buffed to be in line with the other classes, but rats needs to go. They simply do too much damage for anything else to conpete just as bazooka wiz did for many seasons ironically due to a rune that functions the same.

Play it daily for an entire season even once and you might begin to understand why people that like to compete on the leaderboards have such a problem with it.

We don’t need more power creep when 150s are no longer unreachable. Constantly buffing everything to match those that outperform causes more problems than it solves.

2 Likes

Rats are not viable for gr150 group or not. Comparing it to SP is fallacious.

The REAL issue is season paragon being unlimited. Cap it at 2k and the rest goes to ns. Boom paragon farming is no longer an issue.

1 Like

Never said it was. There are two 4 man metas mentioned in this post. For the paragon farming meta singularity necro has been he best since necro was released, which is even longer than star pact wiz was best for pushing. So yes, the comparison can be made. Nothing else in the game can clear a rift as high as singularity necro and as consistently fast as it can.

The same mechanic of draining all resource to supercharge the damage of the skill is a large part of why star pact wiz and singularity necro are such big outliers. That along with stackable blanket damage buffs these two classes have access to. They are basically the same except one is an aoe and the other is single target, but on several pets.

I’m looking forward to season 20 and the new patch. Dropping my feedback so people realize some people can be positive.

4 Likes

Ermm let me get this right…
The WD 6 piece got nerfed by almost half meaning it will be 4-5 Gr lower in Solo and who knows how will it perform in group cause we gamble here at blizzard and not test. Also the spirit barrage tickrate is back at it like a maniac because it was too much work? so lagfest.

H90 Barbarian set was weak according to multiple sources testing on PTR both in damage and survivability and yet neither was addressed while an attempt to fix the “really bad idea” 2 set was deployed. Here is a crazy fix to that idea which was way easier to implement: 2-set: Double the effectiveness of the barbarian shouts and Enemies affected by shouts take double damage from the barbarian. because you know it was a shout theme not fear.

Wizards Typhon’s veil sigh … The set arrived broken on release and extremely squishy due to 4 piece mechanics therefor LOD/LON. A fix was suggested by the community to increase the 6 piece damage significantly and reduce the 2 buffs to the supporting legendaries so it is more rewarding to play the set and not LOD/LON variant. So the result was cutting the legendary powers of both head piece and wand by half (100%) and increasing the really bad designed 6 piece by overall 30%. Please someone enlighten me on how that makes sense in anyway?

Overall, it seems evident that this game is just being managed like a classic game and keeping up performance is not the priority while we bleed players to all other ARPGs. I hope the group who take notes from the forums take our warcry to people in charge that with this approach and maybe by the time D4 is ready there won’t be a D3 community/player base to move to the new game.

10 Likes

It is VERY disappointing that it appears Hydra is weak. I’ll probably still either play Hydra or Tal Rasha as I’d like to play something non-Necro, Crusader, and WD (literally played since launch and those are my only three classes with anything beyond limited playtime, lol)

We’ll see… I have a Necro in alright shape but my Crusader fell victim to distractions… it’ll be WD, Crusader, or Wizard time ./shrug

Another well said response. I am losing hope.

3 Likes

Until the actual patch is applied shortly before s20 starts, the notes you are referencing are still not the final version. I hope some stuff get reverted or fixed. :wink:

Well, this should be a Wizz, Witch Doctor and Barb season, but:

1. Witch Doctor (nerfed)
  2. Hydra Wizard (nerfed)
  3. Barbarian (mostly for zbarb, not dps)

I feel for this classes. And I think it was a waste all time that me and my friends came to PTR to test out all thoses builds, since none of them will matter to the season!!!

I must say that I was excited to play Hydra LoD Wizz (even with the PTR 1st Nerf), then I realized that Wizzy wouldn’t fit in any groups on S20, so I needed to play with it only Solo or just to farm some keys. Then today another nerf to the Magistrate and the Wand. It was already too bad, with that 2nd nerf only rests the set that almost no one really cared enough to test it. (people who did it, said it was aids)

Although I DO like rats (since I took a break of it for 2 or 3 seasons now), I do think that could have another speed/meta comp viable, for those who aren’t happy to do rats for so long time in a row.

Its seems like a Necro “Shinny” Season, people in meta could play with: Necro Trash Killer, Necro Lancer Rgk or Necro Thorns Rgk. And for speeds Necro LoD Singularity will reign for the entire season… Why not a Necro New Set then?!?
As longs it will fulfills all the comps out there…

Well if you have confidence in your product and really want to test it, a good way is to measure it against your competitors. Having season start same time as a competing game does just that and people have to choose. Bad for people who want to play both, but there is no reason why Blizzard should help POE players…

1 Like