Unable to create, join or "Play" game with current character

Similar topic on GD but should also be here in the Bug section since it is game breaking.

Went though a Tomb Run, left the game, tried to join another tomb run received the error “Failed to join game”. Exited the lobby, pressed “Play” (for soloing) recieved the error “Failed to Enter Game, This Character is already in a game on the server, Please try Again” even though I’m not in the “Lobby”. Switched to a different character, choose “Play”, got into the game but could not use the “Shared” inventory tab, which said “The current selection is unavailable”. Exited the game completely, restarted D2R, went back on my Sorc, selected “Play” and still received “Failed to Enter Game, This Character is already in a game on the server, Please try Again…”

Just before I made this topic, I’ve also tried to “Scan and Repair” the files. After the scan was complete, restarted D2R, went back on Sorc and still getting the error message “Failed to Enter Game, This Character is already in a game on the server, Please try Again” and STILL unable to utilize my Shared tab on any character. Thanks.

16 Likes

Did the same steps as him. Same issue. Bump.

2 Likes

Yep me too. No idea what’s going on. Any assistance Blizz?

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

2 Likes

Same here
Shared stash for new chars is unavailable too

1 Like

Same here.

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.”

2 Likes

same here and my stash is locked

1 Like

same exact issue, using a spare battle net account to play, as it literally screws up the whole account when it crops up, no ETA on fix, been approx 2 hours since open beta started

https://imgur.com/a/IZY5aUb

FYI if this issue is a test to try and prevent bots, it royally screws up normal player base as well, limit the can’t join games for a set amount of time, and tell the player at least, 5, 10 minutes, 30 minutes ?..

I got the same issue. Hope there’s a solution.

I have the same issue.
i also restarted my router but that did not help.

UPDATE:

I’ve also submitted a ticket with screen shots to this issue to where a GM “answered” my ticket claim but just referred me to post my “bug” issues here. Hopefully, they are getting word about this issue and can resolve it. So, basically, there’s nothing they can do on the character end, they gotta search source codes to see where this bug is happening within the game itself.

For me, I needed to put Google DNS to actually log in the game with any character previously created. I think most of ISP having some kind of issue. I spent like 20-30 minutes trying then I only gone on my network adapted and put the Google DNS manually.

Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4

I hope it helps most of the folks with the same issue.

The character is bugged. Your internet connection is fine and all. It’s a source code issue.

Thanks for the update!

I think we might have to wait until the server resets. I’m hoping it does it daily, perhaps around midnight. Until then, the game is going to think we’re in a lobby.

Like I said, worked for me. I currently playing, if that helps other folks could be a “temporary fix” for them. I literally between 30 tries and that one only changed 1 time and could log in at least 5 times in a row after that change. The ping isn’t great but still I can play.

I’m not experiencing any ISP issues or any type of connection issues connecting to servers regardless also having both DNS’s in manually prior to playing D2R. The source code that’s creating the bug is thinking your character is still in a lobby (game server), that’s the issue. I can play ANY other character, exit and join any lobby, play solo but unable to select Shared Inventory tab ONLY because my sorc is in a game/server loop. Everything else is running fine.

I’m having literally the exact same issue with 2 of my characters. It’s been 2 hours 45 minutes or so now, submitted a bug report with each of them. Same stash issue as well.

For me every aspect of the game included shared stash it’s working right now and the only change I done was that. I even tried to create another character and several tries either by lobby or the play button. For me the DNS worked and solved everything, I hope they sort out the issue so more folks could play. I can create lobbies and play by play button after that.

The mileage may vary, but for me that was a temporary fix. I just sharing my experience, if other folks could solve their issues with it it’s more folks playing until they sort it out.

Hello, is there a fix for this? I’ve done everything possible on my end.

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again”. It’s been since I joined the first game and left…going on 1.5 hours now.

Any fix for this?

Thanks!

I am very non-technical and have no understanding of what you stated as a resolution or where to begin. I shouldn’t have to manually change settings, and will this workaround cause problems later?