Ultra wide support

Please tell me this was simply overlooked. It was working previously. It’s 2021 there’s good reason to remove this.
Why not set it back to 4:3 if we’re looking at old standards.

17 Likes

Ultra Wide was a disaster and most game breaking issue in the game.

11 Likes

ultrawide is future, u can disagree but its anyting u can do about it…

effects in PvM or CoOp is minimal and arguments like: " * You can see monsters while other people won’t and avoid them." this is just OMG, u want to beat them not avoid, why would u do that?
" * You could see items droping while other people won’t." and so what?
In PvP, no balancing done now, soon it will be plenty of paladins and socceress killing every noob joins game, does anyone think its widescreen a primary problem? I just dont care about PvP rlly.

But ok, keep game in 1990s, why not… dont need remaster then

8 Likes

Modern games in 2021 allow forced aspect ratio for those don’t know have it, but want it anyways.

With blizzards thought process if it was about ‘pvp’ we would still have 4:3 ratio because it would have never been fair to switch to 16:9.

6 Likes

I love the QoL stuff. Especially the controller support, but the No Ultra Wide Screen Support is going to be a deal breaker for me. I have heard that they did it for PvPers, but to me that makes no sense at all. Since PvP is a small community compared to the overall base of gamers.

4 Likes

Not to mention the way around that if players ABSOLUTELY must, is enable forced aspect ratio 21:9. This gives people without wide monitors to emulate the wide field of view by places horizontal bars on the top and bottom

1 Like

The ultra wide monitors they got by the pile in the best buy open box section always is the future? No one with a oled gysnc would agree with you. The monitors that are so niche that it’s hard to sell them? What future are you talking about?

2 Likes

D2 was designed for 4:3

The jump from 4:3 to 16:9 already needed changes to monster AI and other stuff, but it is ultimately the best option since the overwhelming majority of players uses 16:9.

Pushing it any further messes up class balance, let’s you kill monsters before they even aggro towards you and completely destroys the PvP scene of the game.

Ultrawide users are still a very small part of the player base and that they aren’t the ones getting catered when it endangers the success of a classic remaster, then that is only natural.

D2:R will definitely have more PvP players than people that use an ultrawide monitor to play it :wink:

11 Likes

Limiting your clicks within 16:9 aspect ratio solves every single issue you just mentioned. We aren’t looking for an advantage or to break the game all we want is to not have black effing bars on our screen.

1 Like

Lol please show me an OLED G-Sync that isn’t an LG TV.

How about letting the player decide by putting in a graphics option. Just saying 21:4 breaks the game doesnt cut it with me. Make 16:9 standard in PvP and leave my Ultra Wide Screen support alone.

No, it really doesn’t.

You can still see more and the monster AI would have to be adjusted so range builds can’t kill them easily without the monsters fighting back.

You would have to increase the aggro range and the movement speed to make up for the longer distance - which would in return mess up class balance and be bad for people who use 16:9 because they end up pulling mobs they can’t even see.

Also it would still affect PvP, because you can see projectiles earlier and avoid running/teleporting into trap nests.

I personally think that Fog of War would be the best solution, but that is a bit more complicated than simply slapping on 2 black bars and calling it a day.
And unfortunately they seem to be a bit under pressure to not delay the release :worried:

1 Like

you do know this will make this game delayed just wait until the stock holders learn of this issue when millions of players refund what do you think will happen

1 Like

If you check the steam hardware survey you can see that the amount of people owning an ultrawide monitor is extremely small compared to 16:9.

The amount of people who really end up refunding because of it will be even smaller.

The PvP community alone is a much bigger factor to consider when it comes to this issue.

1 Like

steam has nothing to do with diablo2 r what so ever its inrelevant and btw you got the same issue 4:3 vs 16:9 did you ever think about that ?

1 Like

21:9 completely breaks the game balance both in PVE and PVP. Good call here by Vicarious Visions

9 Likes

no you did not you selfish little spoiled kid

1 Like

Yes and Steamhardware Survey … do we have an Hardware Survey from EA Games due to Frostbite Engine Games that require sth better than Dual or Quadcores?
Statistics can be read wrong entirely, especially when your mainstream Games dont even require more than 10+ old hardware.

Apart from that its absolutely irrelevant to me, i didnt purchase my Rig to have it idle on old games, i did it for other reasons including new ones or graphical updated ones.
Back in the day i ran Diablo 2 on a 66Mhz Intel, Baalruns had 5 FPS but i simply wasnt sitting in forums “guys please nerf all to 5 FPS because im so far behind”…

Like just seperate the PvP Community on their own earth or fix the missing textures on 32:9, use fog of war… but black bars even when playing Solo? Bye…

Really damn pissed right now, almost back on the Blizzard Hatetrain… always these garbage workarounds to problems instead of fixing the problem.

2 Likes

this is not an ea game so shut it

1 Like

Hahahah you lost your mind millions of people are gonna ask for a refund because of no ultra wide support.

2 Likes