Uliana Monk feedback

Dear devs,

Thanks for focusing on balancing Uliana set. But I think that adding up %EP dmg is not going to make this build more balanced.

Uliana monk is a build that has ISANE AoE potential, which allows to clear trash on very high tiers, but it lacks SINGLE TARGET. So that means that you spawn a boss with like 6- 7 minutes which is impossible to kill. The only possible way to win is to fish for Saxtris and a power pylon, because the adds scale up area damage insanely

• It’s not balanced that a build can finish a Rift in half of the GR time (ie. spawn the boss)
  • It’s not balanced that a build can’t kill a Rift Guardian in half of a GR time

Proper fix to this build is not EP damage. It needs single target damage somehow. I would even rollback this new buffed EP damage because it will lead to more AoE damage, but please give us a way to deal damage on single target

I think the way to make this happen is buff Uliana weapons:

• Lion’s Claw
  • Flow of Eternity
  • potentially Fist of Az’turrasq

This way we force the build to play with it dedicated items, instead of Shenlong’s

Good pointers in how to fix Uliana single target could be a stacking damage mechanic:

• For example, S24 Bartuc’s Cut-Throat consecutive damge increase improved a lot the boss fight. It could be something similar to Wizard’s Smoldering Core
  • Another nice effect on single target was S27 Sanctified effect
  • I would focus on buffing Seven-Sided Strike as a single target killing ability

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Very much on point. Shenlong’s on Uliana is contrived and we all know it.

1 Like

Agree, IMHO, best option would be to put some kind of single target damage (maybe even stacking type) on Lion’s Claw.

2 Likes