Uliana Gundo extended PTR testing...sigh

Because the intention is to be able to kill lone elites / guardians, where you’ll be hitting them a lot of times anyway, not to just give a blanket damage increase, as it already clears big packs of trash nicely anyway.

1 Like

Lamentation allows stacking of Rend 2 times and it made a big difference for WhirlRend.

Making Gungdo to stack EP could make a difference for Uliana. Either:
a) DPS Buff of 77% x 7 stack as mentioned by Meteor
b) EP stacks up to 7 times (no multiplier) on a target - you can manually apply EP upto 7 times on a single target, SSS do 14 x 7 EP explosions. EP from Gungdo does not add to stack. You either apply EP via 2pc, or manually.

All I can add to it is there are multiple builds in other classes that can trash clear great AND have a lot better single target damage than Uli. Necro has executioner built in, barb has passive to do extra damage under certain life, sader can stack stricken fast with massive damage, GoD can trash clear faster than single target but still hits single target a lot harder than Uli.

So saying it’s the “trade off” is silly. At least to the extent face palm build is.

So because you’d clear trash more nicely that’s why?..lol what a useless mechanic

1 Like

The issue with Uliana/SSS/EP is a lack of single-target damage, which is what this thread is about. It already does really nice damage to big groups of trash. The problem happens when you’re fighting a single-target guardian with no adds. We don’t have a problem getting to the guardian, we do have problems killing it.

3 Likes

This is why you don’t want to look at NS testers on PTR. Season players generally don’t have the time to lvl gems very high or have para over 2000. A lot easier to compare players that will have around the same stats.

2 Likes

I agree. Pehaps gundo gear with Damage 4times when fighting a guardian or elite? You have to remember elites are only easy to kill if there are lots of mobs around. I think it lacks in that department too.

Just ratifying:

The problem is not the explosion, it is not gugdo gear. The problem is with SSS.
I was able to take a oneshot on a 120 in a blue pack with the explosion. But there is a BIG, HUGE decrease in damage when there is no density, especially when there is only 1 target.

• The solution is to give SSS a buff for a single target, or first enemies,
    or when there are “x” enemies. This would solve the problems of this build for the RG.

• The suggestion is to add this buf to Lion’s Claw, which already has interaction with SSS.

Even so, Uliana is even MUCH weaker than TR.
I hope Blizz will listen and make the necessary adjustments.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a monk helm that did 100% damage to a single target? I think they could up that to 350-400%, as needed.

The reason I think stacks would be best is they’d be able to peak higher than a balanced flat buff would. They’d help naturally when they’re needed, and not when they aren’t. The continued 7s theme Meteorblade suggests is cool if it’s close to what works.

Frailty is just an automatic 15% sooner kill. It helps, but it’s a spell that’s added rather than being a core function of a build. Same with Barb and DH health-based passives. GoD is another inherently half/half build that just deals tons of hits but also with area damage procs (and autoaim, and Taeguk, and Simplicity, and Stricken, and the kitchen sink, and…), and is probably over-the-top in pure numbers to boot. I’ll admit I don’t know the exact power of Stricken for Uliana tho.

I ran my own GRs and only looked at one other player intending to directly prove him wrong, digging into Planner to draw comparisons with real numbers. I wasn’t going off of basic feelings.

Shield of Fury, Bone Ringer, and Stricken itself want a word with you.

Btw i do like your idea of a stacking technique for the uliana build cause as you say it helps where help is needed: with bosses.

1 Like

I agreee that Uliana lacks single target damage more than anything else. Still, Uliana also lacks aoe damage when compared to GOD or TR builds.
That said I think that adding 9000% damage for sss to uli 6 pc aswell as giving us sustained attack rune for foe (so we can pick holy rune for sss) might be enough to solve these issues. Plus, it might give us some new builds to play with.
I’m not sure 9000% for sss is the correct number though.
Sry for bad english.

1 Like

did Uli/Shenlong/Crimson on NS tried a couple 130s which is rank 1, felt best to aug to survive and had to drop it down to 126 which I cleared after trying to fight a couple RG’s that kept procing me sucked cuz i had 6 mins and power for both but did eventually get Skeleton King, guess those uber runs back in the vanilla paying off finally… but ya this build prob is as good idk, its close, on season it should be better

[edit]: you’ll either wanna wear unity on season or go Lions Claw/belt unless you higher paragon 4k +

Buff Uliana to be the top build for monk!!!

not sure if this is serious. when did they done it? or when was the last time they read forum and even TAKE it SERIOUS?
the same story in wow … for ages?
overwatch forum can no longer be read because there is too much spam.
and even here you can locate the strange guys with “hymns of praise” and extremely strange post history too easily. something like that doesn’t save the company’s reputation, it goes even deeper into the minus range. or is someone take really serious these 1-2 sentences comments from the bots on well-known youtube channels about politics and business ? by the time you see a real person there, you have long fallen asleep.
it hardly gets any worse.

That video is awesome. So is the original one. Every time I see it I instantly feel better.

1 Like

Ok, I have no idea which thread to take since there are at least 3 with Uliana topic. There must be some kind of pro on P5 of ns ptr ladder ^^ Ok, jokes aside :slight_smile:
I got a very good 1st floor: Woods with enemys (but bad design) with power pylon and condu. 2nd floor bastion, 3rd short act 4 crater, 4th westmark and then the s-king as rg. Got a 122 done in 14 minutes. that was almost what I expected for ptr - which would mean when I do some pushing on EU server (has less lags) I feel getting a 124 down is possible. The build plays very funny and I hope we get some more dmg up and running. Even a 125 would be 8 lvl behind my current best TR, so the dmg buff needs to be over factor 2 (equals almost 5 lvl). That would be gungdo to 300% from 100% (since 100% is factor 2 and 300% factor 4).

Yes. interesting man. i saw what he was talking about with english subtitles.
He just had a very difficult life and doesn’t take many things seriously.

I swear to god there was a helm that was slated for EP doing extra damage to single enemies. Did it not make it off the PTR?