Uliana Gundo extended PTR testing...sigh

Why don’t you listen Blizzard? Uliana damage is just pathetic. We told you Gundo needs buffs. 100% is not cutting it. I seriously doubt 200% would even cut it.
The 77% defense is great and a big change in right direction but please start listening. Either Uliana or Gundo need a huge buff. I think Gundo gear buffing 250-300% will do it.
Elites and guardians are a real problem with this set. You need to figure something out to make this more viable. Every competent set can do 110 easy with good items without any auguments. Uliana is just such a boring chore.

Please buff this set properly. You can always nerf later if it overperforms but even with 300% to Gundo i don’t think this will scale good enough to make guardian and elites less of a chore and boring.

I mean what is it with you guys? Does every build need to be either AOE trash clear or single target DPS? You can’t make nice in between builds that do both? What is wrong with you? Who is pushing this idea at the office???

20 Likes

In keeping with the whole 777 theme of the set and seven sided strike being the thing that sets off exploding palms, perhaps a change to the bracers that says you get 777% more damage when your exploding palm hits 7 targets or less, i.e. this allows you to kill lone elites / guardians with no adds.

14 Likes

Got a 120 on ptr down, maybe 122, 123 is possible, tr was at 133. This is 10 tier down from tr. So a 777% buff on bracers would match almost perfect

3 Likes

The damage is not nearly as bad as you guys say. OP, if your comment about GR110 means you can’t clear it, that’s on you. I’ve done GR 117 at p1675 with 105 Trapped and 112 Stricken. And if I run again later today I WILL hit GR118 or better. I calc’d this to be on or near par for the intended benchmark of GR130 @ P5k.

As for having to pick between mass-clear and boss-killer, yes you (usually) do and there’s nothing wrong with that. But exceptions do exist and that’s great too. Manald Archon is one example of an inherently in-between build, and Shield of Fury and Bone Ringer are examples of compensation.

On that note, tho, compensation would be fair. So as I mentioned in Atomfurz’s thread, what I’d rather see is Gungdo’s flat multiplier moved to Fist of Az, and Gungdo instead go the route of the aforementioned Shield of Fury and Bone Ringer (along with the reapplication). Thoughts on that?

1 Like

Uliana NEEDS A BUF FOR SINGLE TARGET.

In the same way as it was done with Bracers of Destruction (Barbarian), this buf must be aimed at a single target, otherwise it will still be a pain to fight against RG. In push, we could easily reach 5m + of duration … This is not fun at all.

• This single target multiplier can be added in Lion’s Claw

Doing so would make GR’s much more pleasant with Uliana, moreover, that alone would be a big buf to Uliana, as clearly a lot of time is lost to kill the boss at at medium and high level.

…If I have to play again with this brainless Build that is TR, I just can’t stand it … I’m tired of channeling builds, monk is much more than that…

2 Likes

The damage is just as bad as op said. Gz on your 117, still this is 10 GR lower than what tr swk is able to do. And btw, TR swk is not even that strong.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking and am hoping for.

At what gem levels? At what amount of mainstat?

Also Meteorblade, I’m not sure your idea is an appropriate fix. It would be too strong throughout the rift, and not so much specially compensate on single targets as sledgehammer them.

Personally, I think there’s a good reason they’ve used the hit-stacking buff at least 3 times now (Stricken, Shield of Fury, Bone Ringer). No need to shy away from it here, it’s worth it.

I was looking at the Balance (daiblo, 2hander) for the TR build where they say if hits 3 or fewer enemies, it gains 100% Critical Hit Chance.

I think that might work for the Flow of Eternity too.

1 Like

And that is the problem that happens to most of the solo players, so we can clear a gr 110 trash in under 5 minutes, but then it takes 7 minutes of working on the RG to kill it!

2 Likes

FoE is an SSS item tho. Either the CHC would apply to SSS and not help us here, or apply to EP and be pretty out-of-place.

That’s (to an extent) the tradeoff you sign up for by picking a mass-clear build. If all the points go into AoE or multi-hit categories, there aren’t any left for single-target. All you can do is add something else to compensate.

Yeah i tested a bit uliana too (hc- but have quite good gear)
with the new damage reduction on set i played with captain set and so i lost unity ring and the sss-belt with the damage reduction-

so overall toughness feels a bit weaker with this setup- but u are a bit more mobile

i could clear a decent 128 rift and im sure i could do 130-133 with a top rift (have 6200 para)
with tempest rush build (swk) is can do solo 137/8 with a top rift and the playstyle is much easier

if you wanna really go for a balance the gungdo bracer would need a buff to at least 250%

kind regards & stay healthy

I don’t know what you’re referring to by “more mobile”, but you weren’t supposed to drop the SSS belt. I don’t know what you’re doing instead of that either.

As for damage, if you came up with different hard numbers than I did and have your own hard evidence, I’d like to see.

more mobile, cause of more cdr, you can dodge more with dashing strike etc.

need two parts of captain crimson set - so you have to go for the set belt and pants or boots

130 down- but like i said end will be around 132/133 for me and with tempest rush i can do probably every 130 without any fish and end up much higher without thinking

and in my opinion the more difficulty build should be the stronger one^^

Honestly PLZ BLIZZ YOU WANT US HAVING FUN? Make the ONE ON DEATH SPELL WORTH USING…

Fist of Azs’turrasq to 1500 % , Gundgo to 500%

Drop Ulianna’s Damage on 6 set to 3000%

92.1 x 2 x 6 = [1105.2] -> 30.1 x 6 x 16 (2889.6 x) = 2.6 x stronger for Ulianna’s

Inna’s EP would be 8 x stronger than it is currently – This is what we really need Season 4 was by en large most peoples favorite meta (not Static Charge Im talking before that was discovered >> HOTA + PALM… two diff damage dealers DURING THE RIFT IT WAS A BLAST (get it)

Ulianna’s (needed) is still stronger this way – Im not sure 2.6x more damage would even put it ahead of Tempest Rush TBH… REMEMBER 2.6x damage is literally only 6 tiers of difference.

Inna’s Palm is one of the only builds I’ve seen a ton of top ranked non monk players go out of their way to play Koreans specifically… like New Meta Koreans bro. Koreans. anyone thats played OW or starcraft know they know whats up.

1 Like

For those of you who dont know who duitnau is [edit saw post above def non season ] - Okaper and I were discussing how to run Ulianna’s Shenlongs the best next season and I told him I wasn’t bad at Ulianna’s but admitted duitnau had that build figured out better than anyone I know… (I believe he’s a French player, so go to EU and look at the leaderboards Karmakaze before you start asking well known players with multiple rank 1 finishes across different classes for hard evidence)

we were discussing whether damage should be dealt all at once with Shenlongs how to keep survive up during, how/whether to keep from draining before cold – Even using Shenlong’s Tempest Rush Shenlong’s feels notably stronger, but then again Ulianna’s does require a much better rift

There are LOTS of simple multiplier changes that should be made, but haven’t. I feel like a lot of them at 5 minutes or less to make. Exploding Palm is just one of those.

Can the EP from 2pc override the manually casted EP+MR? (vice versa)?

Okay, how about a stacking mechanic that adds 77% damage, up to 7 stacks?

Why add stacks? It’s just more work. Just give 500% damage increase.

2 Likes