UE Multishot season 18 - main push character?

Is Captain Crimson’s + Squirts Necklace & Flavor of Time (One in cube) really so powerful, that Multishot is now a viable push build? I will return to Diablo 3 for another season if this is true.

Otherwise I would be playing a Wizard again, which I mained all last season. Don’t worry, I pushed with LON Rapid Fire as well :wink:

Multishot is A tier and LON Rapid Fire is C tier now… woah! :open_mouth:

It has been a viable push build for some time now. Just it requires very delicate positioning and a glass-cannon playstyle for those very high clears.

As for Flavor of Time, you can’t use it since you MUST cube the RoRG instead to use the Candy Crush set with UE, and Squirt’s is better to wear.

Edit: LoN RF becoming C tier is due to the fact that with the new LoD gem replacing the LoN rings, you must sacrifice one of 3 critically important gems: Trapped, Stricken, and Pain. Trapped provides a huge damage boost and also procs the slow effect for Cull of the Weak. Stricken is absolutely required for bosses in high GR. And Pain Enhancer is needed to snapshot the attack speed from large packs of bleeding targets (fire a burst to make many targets bleed, stop and restart channeling, keep the attack speed buff as long as you continue channeling).

If instead you decide to use the LoN rings instead of the gem, to keep the damage from CoE, you lose 80% toughness (Unity + Elusive) = take 5x as much damage! This squish factor makes LoN RF not so good anymore.

3 Likes

LON Rapid Fire is not as strong because you will have to lose a gem but Nat Rapid Fire is still stronger than UE.

1 Like

Don’t be so sure, they can still change everything.

Natalya’s Rapid Fire is an unpopular build. So much that it’s not even mentioned in Bluddshed’s tier list. At high paragon does it pull ahead of Multishot? I’m 1800+ and it’s my highest in any season. So I want to play a good build that suits me.

A solid guide for Natalya’s Rapid Fire would be nice to see. Got any links handy? I’m skeptical… How does Pain Enhancer snap-shotting work if you have to cast Rain of Vengenace?

Paragon 9.5k can make any build work. Does that really mean it’s the best build for me? lol.

1 Like

In my opinion his tier list is wrong. But maybe I am.

Nat RapidFire shines with high Paragon so it is probably not for you.
There is 130 clear with 3700 Paragon. UE will not be able to do that.

3 Likes

All these crafted sets are going to require a lot of bounty mats. It’ll be the season of bounty bots. ok, more than usual.

Multishoot has been a viable build for pushing for a while, the thing is at very high grifts you need to learn how to hoard entire screens of enemies, long time ago i saw a pro using physical multishoot rune because of this rune deals way more damage to massive packs of enemies

1 Like

I don’t think so. One run of bounties on t16 allows you to craft 22 items. Blacksmith crafts don’t require that many mats.

1 Like

Pretty well established that MS Physical is the choice for pushing, but definitely requires a different playstyle/mindset than fire/cold…

With fire/cold you can just run around and blast everything in sight - Physical you definitely are grouping, pulling. scouting/kiting - then annihilating.

1 Like

DiEoxidE is running Fire with Captain Crimson’s, I believe…
Honestly I probably will too. I suppose if some GG physical amulet drops I’ll be forced to at least try it out for a few days!

Edit: UE Multishot might not be my main in season 18, but it will be one of my push builds.

2 Likes

In the video he did, he mentions physical being roughly 1 GR stronger on average than fire, which is about right mathematically.

If you’re an avid fisher that doesn’t mind spending upwards of 500 keys for the right rift (also mentioned in the same video), Physical makes the most sense as given the perfect scenario, you should be able to hit 20+ mobs at all times throughout the entire rift, skipping or dragging behind elites that didn’t die in the masses. Physical does extremely well here.

Fire typically isn’t as picky and can do well in more “less than optimal” layouts than physical, thus the preference for solo paragon farming and those with less time on their hands/not fond of the fishing. Fire also performs a bit better at the RG naturally, especially for those that may not be a fan of stricken.

The biggest problem with fire is the rockets A.I. They prioritize the weakest target, which is often times mobs that are behind/around you that were previously hit by the edge of your multi-shot prior to that position. Not many people are aware of this and usually just spam without regards to what mobs are near, which is ok for speeds, but terrible for higher GR’s.

When I run fire, I keep all mobs in front of me, especially the weakened ones, as close to the pack as possible. At the same time, I also try to draw out elites to the front of the massive clump so that the rockets AD can splash onto the elites, downing them a bit quicker (If you don’t do this, rarely ever will the rockets get good AD value, which is crucial for pushing). This is however, relatively difficult to pull off, making physical an easier option and much less of a headache.

If rocket A.I. did the opposite, such as prioritize the higher HP mobs/threat, rocket builds (n6/n4, UE MS fire) would be quite a few GR’s stronger in general. Blizzard actually designed a legendary item that was data-mined some years ago that never made it out for testing that allowed rockets to home on the target that’s been marked with MFD. If only it made it through :frowning:

6 Likes

Really cool info, i was not aware of that rocket based item, an item like that would have been really amazing for marauders build.

It would have been soooo broken in PVP (in the pre-RoS era when it was viable). Mark the enemy and run away, then shoot a tree and let the rockets home in on your target!

As a side note, rockets have infinite range once they are “locked-on” to a target, but to lock-on they require a line-of-sight and has a finite sight range. The range is really infinite; the target can actually move to a different area, or even a different act, and still get hit by the rocket!

2 Likes

Last night I pushed with my 2,300 paragon Non Season Demon Hunter, using Unhallowed Essence Multishot - Fire (Arsenal).

This is the NS Character I used-

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TrvAix-1845/hero/93907765

I was a bit disapointed, and I’m hoping that the new Captain Crimson’s and Squirt’s Necklace make a big difference. FYI I was on Diablo hiatus over the last PTR, so I’m waiting for patch to hit to get any real practice before season launch (Next Friday). I heard from a couple people that the new items are only a one on GR Level buff. I’m just hoping my play style benefits more than that.

Basically I opened about 15-20 maps between 107-110. I was able to clear the 107, by taking my time and killing every single enemy (Fire - Arsenal). I felt like the rockets did more work against yellow elites with no trash around, especially when using the Single Out passive. I tried fighting multiple elites, I barely kept up with time. I tried getting huge trash pulls with one elite in the middle - That ended with too much movement to avoid fireballs and whatnot - not getting in the Oculus ring much.

I tried Elusive Ring vs. COE. COE came out way ahead when I used the method of slowly killing everything. Like I mean I would stand and fight like 3 mobs before moving on. With Fire cycle and an Oculus ring proc, the trash and Yellow Elites melted quick.

So yeah I’m open to critique on my build / Playstyle. When the patch drops, I might record a video of how I play. I don’t feel like it’s needed at the moment. but I know I’m missing things like All Resist on chest, Average Damage on Rings, CDR on quiver… I know this. Just working with what I Have hehe.

I can clear a 120 in season 17 with LON RF, My personal best in Non Season is a 115 with Shadow. If I plan on pushing with UE Multishot next season… umm… Captain Crimson’s / Squirts has got to be a massive upgrade! I mean 107 - Really?

There are literally dozens of posts telling people how to do this, including a stickied thread about the new forum functionality. For example…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TrvAix-1845/hero/93907765

Thanks @Meteorblade.

How you’re playing the set has something to do with it, but on the surface it’s hard for you to compare builds when your S6 is much better geared than your UE6. LoN RF is definitely an outlier atm. If you had the optimum stats/passives, you should be able to clear 112+ at your paragon with UE6.

On PTR, squirts+crimson was about a 4 GR buff for me, but if anything, it’s the QoL’s that makes it for me. I’ll add you in game. Let’s talk more there so I can help you get the most out of your UE :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did a couple runs with DiEoxidE. He helped me out quite a bit! See you around…

3 Likes

Lot’s of good information and discussion here! Here I’ve been running fire on my UE MS for pushing and wondering why “no can do” on higher gr’s. Will switch to physical in the future. Thanks!