UE Multishot in 2.6.6

There are some interesting UE builds on the PTR Seasonal Leaderboard.

One UE/CC3 with Squirts and Focus/Restraint cleared a 105 at 900 para with no augments.

There are even a couple running the new Flavor of Time.

Has anyone tried an SOJ with disc and a COE with this new setup?
I know in the past f&r has been shown superior,but i would think this might be viable at least up to 110 to 120

Just with the eye test, Squirt’s would replace F&R but it feels like the damage would be less reliable. I’m not sure the cycle of fire or physical and SoJ would make up for it.

Someone will test it though. I’m no math wiz so I’m just guessing.

im guessing that it will be tested at some point. F&R is awesome with squirts and CC3… squirts,COE,SOJ with disc,CC3 could be equally fun

The unfortunate reality is that disc is additive to UE’s 6pc bonus. No matter what other outside buffs we get, it won’t make adding any additional disc any stronger.

CoE+SOJ will still be quite a bit behind F&R and Endless walk possibilities. Either way, if you want cc3 (which is a ton of fun), you’ll have to choose between squirts or CoE. There’s no way to do both without losing out on a lot.

ty for the info, im glad that my primal focus with main stat,crit damage, and cooldown can actually have a use with new build though…lol… even if its not totally right

1 Like

One question. Has anyone test the relationship between Fortress Ballista and Squirt’s
Wondering can absorb shield help to keep Squirt’s Legendary Power ???

Interesting discussion here.

My question:

Yes, RNG can become very annoying here, but how would you make up for the loss of the 5th passive then?

For example, on my UE DH I have Ballistics on the HF amulet, so I’d have to give up one of Single Out, Steady Aim, Cull of the Weak or Thrill of the Hunt. Cull of the Weak and Thrill of the Hunt, I consider fixed slots, so it’s between Single Out and Steady Aim.

Link to my DH:
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Barahir-2600/hero/33073820

Currently, I am running GR103/104 with some room left for I think up to GR110.

The 5th passive options you mentioned: Steady Aim, Single Out, and even Ambush, are indeed good but pale in comparison to the 2x damage multiplier from Squirt’s Necklace provided you avoid taking unnecessary damage (you already need to avoid being close to enemies for Steady Aim anyways).

The problem is Vengeance is just too good: 1.4x damage multiplier + 10 hatred/sec + extra attacks + 2x toughness multiplier (w/ Gunes). So giving up Vengeance means you will need to use your generator a lot more (cubing Hunter’s Wrath could help a little), and thus your damage will drop by more than 50%.

And if you give up Dawn for Echoing Fury but want to keep Vengeance, you probably want to use Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. However, then you can’t use Focus/Restraint since you need the ring slot in the cube for the RoRG.

I know it’s frustrating but the game pigeonholes players into a few specific setups for the most efficient gameplay since balance is very very hard to work around.

1 Like

Yes, if the shield absorbs the damage you maintain the Squirts buff

1 Like

I dropped Single Out and it worked well.

The top UE on the PTR Season LB is a no augment, para 997, GR 108.

Squirts UE/CC with Visage in the cube

Valuable information, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can go play around with UE a bit.

EDIT: 118 in 13 mins.

My Squirt’s neck has 97 CHD, 10 CRIT and 8 CDR.
MageFirst in cube.
CC2 belt and boots.
12x 140 caldesans.
4700 Paragon.

There is a bug with Ladder so I am posting stats here.

Edit2: GR120. Boss is really fast with Stricken.

1 Like

The DR on Squirt’s necklace is bugged, so characters receive less damage than designated in the description. There’s PTR feedback on this, so it’s likely to get fixed. DH UE (and other classes/builds) will need to be re-tested once it’s fixed, assuming PTR is extended.

1 Like

I’d guess that one Squirt’s is fixed, the best push build is gonna be Endless Walk + CoE, and the best exp farm build is gonna be Flavor of Time + Focus/Restraint.

Being mobile is a huge part of pushing with UE, so I don’t see Endless Walk getting much more play here than it did in the past, even with crimsons additional toughness. It does make EW more viable than before, but not to the extent where it would dethrone traditional F&R setups due to the nature of the build.

Also, I’d think F&R and squirts would be stronger for farming since with farming, you should get hit less anyways as stuff should be dieing relatively quickly as they pop up on screen. Flavor of time will rely much more on RNG, which is best suited for pushing/fishing.

Oe that is bad news, I thought it was too good to be true right now :slight_smile:

Not sure what you rerolled but as a PSA to everyone before the CDR hype-train gets off the rails, rolling CDR on amulets will still not be worth it compared to Socket, ChD, Element, and ChC. As I calculated in a post above, the +8% CDR translates to about 3% dps boost (depending on the amount of CDR already).

Here is the priority list of where to put CDR for UE Multishot:

1. Shoulders CDR easily fits here since there are more limited choices.
  2. Gloves CDR can work after ChC and ChD.
  3. Quiver CDR can work here but only after Multishot %.
  4. Rings Rings have +Min/Max damage in addition to the other rolls, so CDR is hard to justify putting here.
  5. Weapon While CDR can go up to 10% here, it’s still not as good as other weapon affixes.
  6. Amulet Amulets have the some of the most valuable affixes in the game, so don’t put CDR here if possible.

In the above list, it is best to use CDR on shoulders, gloves, and/or quiver however those slots compete with area damage which is another valuable affix. At least one of those should have area damage (preferably shoulders and gloves if you can roll off the dexterity).

Weapons and jewelry have too many other good choices to justify the minor DPS boost from extra CDR. Thus, avoid CDR on weapons and jewelery slots for UE Multishot builds.

Note that the extra CDR itself isn’t very useful for cooldowns since you already have permanent Vengeance with just the helm diamond, paragon, and the Captain Crunch set bonus. Only the Preparation and Companion cooldowns will be shorter really and that matters only if you’re a Wolf user (I’m a Boar person myself).

2 Likes

I used first usable one I got. And it happened to be that one. I rolled off dex for socket. CDR gave me more damage than DEX would.