Typhoons needs to change

I know many sets need an overhaul, but this set is quite disappointing. Especially after playing monk with the water pets.

The monk wins big since it has an open weapon slot making it easy to change the play styles. It’s pets follow you around and they are super quick and assertive. There’s also 10 of them allowing them to cover the screen.

I wish the hydra builds could take something from Innas. Maybe change the piece to typhoons to just give 80% dmg reduction? The current mechanic is highly annoying. Maybe the serpent sparked allows 4 summons of hydra? Maybe an auto cast feature on hydra in some way? Enemies hit by familiar, armor skills, etc… summon a hydra. Something.

Hydra projectiles all need to pierce.

Please consolidate serpent sparker, fragment of destiny, and winter flurry into just 2 items.

Mobility is king. Please allow some variation to have some mobility without having a massive dmg loss

2 Likes

I used to think Typhoons was just a bit UP but still pretty solid…till I played Marauder DH. Just everything, the playstyle, the sentries, their AI, how you control them is so superior it’s just in another league all together.

It’s like playing Reverse Archon Typhon with you being able to control the hydras attack and being in archon forever. Actually, it’s probably a lot better than that. Seriously, we’re woefully behind.

1 Like

I ditched the winter flurry for OID. It’s so much more user friendly/ fun. My measly gear and low paragons just ran a 110 without dropping squirts once. Never lost a hydra head. Being tough let’s you get the hudra agro in on the elites. Honestly, could probably ditch spectral blade for death wish and yes channeling gem and have a solid build as well. Seems like winter flurry keeps you squishy. In my low paragon opinion

Whatever the stacking mechanic is for blazing hydra, it sucks. I mean sucks. It’s useless. It’s a shame since it looks super cool.

I’ll try the arcan version with wave of force. I’m guessing you agro mobs off site. Cast for wf:as buff. Then try to keep hydras on elite. Doubt it works and doesn’t sound fun. Shall try though